Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

C63 Custom seat install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 & LS swapped volvo 240
C63 Custom seat install

Hi everyone,

I知 in the middle of a project where I知 swapping seats from a 2009 C63 AMG into my LS-swapped Volvo 240. Thanks to the help from this forum, I致e been able to get the basic seat functions (movement & lumbar adjustment) working. However, I知 still working through some wiring challenges, specifically regarding the non-memory seat switch.

What I Know So Far:

• The memory system has 4 wires per motor, while the non-memory system has 2 wires per motor.
  • My plan is to use the memory harness but simply not use the extra two wires, essentially converting it into a non-memory harness.
  • I understand that reversing polarity changes the direction of seat movement, similar to a car window motor.
  • I致e identified the following wires for the seat motors:
    • Rear raise/lower: White/Black and Blue/Black
    • Front raise/lower: White/Blue and Black/Red
    • Fore and aft travel: White and Black/Yellow
    • Seat back tilt: White/Green and Black/Grey

What I Need Help With:

• I could really use any diagrams for the seat switch, as I need to know where to apply 12V+ and where to connect the ground. Additionally, I need confirmation on which pins control each function on the seat motors.
  • Any detailed pinouts or wiring diagrams for the memory harness, even though I知 planning to use it as a non-memory setup.
  • Advice on bench testing the switch and ensuring that all seat functions work correctly.
I知 currently working on getting permissions to send private messages, so if anyone can offer further insights, I would greatly appreciate it. In the meantime, I wanted to keep the conversation going here to avoid cluttering the other threads.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance you can provide