Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need Advice: Service Installed Summer Tires Instead of All-Season

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2024, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E 63 S AMG
Need Advice: Service Installed Summer Tires Instead of All-Season

Hi all, about four months ago, I went to a Mercedes service center to replace my tires and rims due to road hazard damage. My tires, Bridgestone Potenza All-Season, were almost new—only two months old. The service center contacted the warranty company, which agreed to cover the cost for the front right and rear right tires and rims.

However, the service informed me that they could not source Bridgestone Potenzas and offered Michelin Pilots instead. I agreed to the switch.
A couple of weeks ago, during heavy rain, my car started swaying dangerously at speeds over 40 mph. Upon inspection, I noticed that the new front right Michelin tire was already almost completely worn out. Suspecting a suspension issue, I took the car back to the service center. It turns out they had installed summer tires instead of all-seasons.

While I now know that the car originally came with summer tires, at the time of service, it had all-season tires, including the two that weren’t replaced. I’m seeking honest opinions: Was it my responsibility to specify that I needed all-season tires, or should the service have matched the existing setup?