Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

CPO documents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2024 | 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 GLE3502W, 2024 GLC3002W, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp (for sale)
CPO documents

We recently purchased a 2023 GLE350. It was not listed on the dealer's website as a CPO. However, they included the internal invoice for the cost of making it a CPO and that clearly states the work was done to make the car a CPO. When we told the salesman we would not consider a purchase if it was not a CPO, he disappeared for a while. He returned to say the car was a CPO and the asking price included the cost. You all know it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you. So in perusing the paperwork I see no mention of CPO. The salesman told my wife the warranty was good until Dec 2027, which is 5 years from the date of manufacture. It should be from date of first sale but not gonna quibble about that now. On our 2 previous CPO's the mileage max and warranty end date could be tracked on the app. If it is still possible I can't find it. Nor can I find anything about our 2024 GLC300. So....,any of you who have recently purchased a CPO have anything in the docs that say it is one? I did email my salesman to ask if there was something in writing. 3 days without a response. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2024 | 08:32 AM

2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
When you purchase a CPO vehicle, you should receive the (alleged) certification checklist, which has little real value because they rarely actually perform all of those inspections. You should also receive the extended CPO warranty documentation, which picks up when the new vehicle warranty expires and is subject to some limitations that make it less comprehensive than the original factory warranty. Both of these warranties should align with the vehicle's original in-service date (the date on which it was sold to the first owner), not the date of manufacture.
Old 09-30-2024 | 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 GLE3502W, 2024 GLC3002W, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp (for sale)
Originally Posted by Mr. Toad
When you purchase a CPO vehicle, you should receive the (alleged) certification checklist, which has little real value because they rarely actually perform all of those inspections. You should also receive the extended CPO warranty documentation, which picks up when the new vehicle warranty expires and is subject to some limitations that make it less comprehensive than the original factory warranty. Both of these warranties should align with the vehicle's original in-service date (the date on which it was sold to the first owner), not the date of manufacture.
Thanks.