GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

After 6 months of dissatisfaction, I gave up on my GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS500, 05 Range Rover, 00 Landcruiser
After 6 months of dissatisfaction, I gave up on my GL450

Well folks, just want to thank some of you who provided me opinions, help and suggestions regarding this suv. I really expect more from this SUV and it didn't satisfy me. Again, each one of us has defferent preferences and I'm sure most of you still enjoys your suv.

It is still a great SUV, but its not for me. I just cannot take its floating but choppy ride and 10.1 surround rattles. Looks didn't grow on me either. I decided to take a different route by trading it with another Range Rover SC. Sure I take a hit on the $$$ side. But life is short and time is too precious to waste.

Cheers....
Old 09-28-2006, 06:21 PM
ON PROBATION

Range Rover SC is a very nice vehicle.

Enjoy, and better luck this time.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by hcden
Well folks, just want to thank some of you who provided me opinions, help and suggestions regarding this suv. I really expect more from this SUV and it didn't satisfy me. Again, each one of us has defferent preferences and I'm sure most of you still enjoys your suv.

It is still a great SUV, but its not for me. I just cannot take its floating but choppy ride and 10.1 surround rattles. Looks didn't grow on me either. I decided to take a different route by trading it with another Range Rover SC. Sure I take a hit on the $$$ side. But life is short and time is too precious to waste.

Cheers....
What are you planning to do with the vehicle? Did you buy it or lease it? You have some options depending on how your deal was structured. I am in North County San Diego and I might be interested in your vehicle. I think your last resort should be the Mercedes dealership (Fletcher Jones and Laguna Niguel offer such aggressive pricing on selling new vehicles, they could not possibly give you a fair shot on the buying side of the equation).
Old 09-28-2006, 11:44 PM

'08 SL55
Originally Posted by hcden

Cheers....
RR is a nice car... but if reliability is what you're after, you may be disappointed. I got rid of mine after 1 year of frustrating electronic gremlins ranging from mysterious radio station changing to navigation that had no idea where I was to a front power seat that moved forward and pinned me against the wheel at about 70 mph. Oh well.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:41 AM

06 CLS500, 05 Range Rover, 00 Landcruiser
Originally Posted by teeth
RR is a nice car... but if reliability is what you're after, you may be disappointed. I got rid of mine after 1 year of frustrating electronic gremlins ranging from mysterious radio station changing to navigation that had no idea where I was to a front power seat that moved forward and pinned me against the wheel at about 70 mph. Oh well.
Thanks guys. Regarding the reliability of the RR, I know what you mean. However, I've been fortunate that my 2005 has over 25000 miles with no problem other than passenger door cant be open and loose tailgate speakers. Dealer easily fix it. Still, its one SUV that has a bad reputation for reliability. Im taking my chances again. This RR SC has a much better ride/feel and sound insulation than my old GL.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
thats too bad. It sounds like you had an airmatic issue which caused everything to rattle apart. I really feel the GL is a smooth grat ride, its a shame they can"t get the quality right.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:04 PM

Go with the bmw x5 4.8. I am in love with mine.