GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Where are all the GL's in Phoenix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007 | 10:26 PM

GL450
Originally Posted by jpeardm
Congrats on your son's admission to Harvard, he should be proud of himself for that accomplishment! As far as clothing he'll need sweatshirts in late Sept into November then by Thanksgiving it can be near freezing at night so a parka will be needed but the temps are all over the place so it's always layers of clothes to put on and off. The real cold stuff comes in late Dec through Jan and into Feb. Probably easiest for him to buy stuff as the temperatures drop this fall, lots of places nearby in Harvard Square. If I can be of any assistance while he's in Boston please let me know! I live only 20 miles out of the city. Joe
Thanks, we are pretty proud of him. He will be living in Weld Hall with five other guys. Two of the others are from the west, one from Florida, one from Romania and only one from the New England area. My husband is flying out with him the first week of September. Then we will all (two younger siblings included) visit during parent's weekend in November - so we all have to get cold weather clothes - at least a couple of days worth. We'll be staying on Harvard Square at The Charles so we don't have to worry about parking.

By the way, this is the absolute worst month in Phoenix for the heat. It really isn't so bad when it's less humid. Even 110 is tolerable when the humidity is low. But it does stay hot until Halloween!
Old 08-18-2007 | 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Originally Posted by LindaAZ
Even 110 is tolerable when the humidity is low.
All of you desert lovers have a whole different definition of tolerable. Personally, I couldn't imagine it, which is why I love my mountains. I guess this is what makes the world go 'round.

Today's high in Breckenridge was 75. Tonight's low is supposed to be around 45. Refreshing!
Old 08-18-2007 | 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
All of you desert lovers have a whole different definition of tolerable. Personally, I couldn't imagine it, which is why I love my mountains. I guess this is what makes the world go 'round.

Today's high in Breckenridge was 75. Tonight's low is supposed to be around 45. Refreshing!
Stumble, one of the few places I'd live outside of Arizona right now is Durango. And Jack, yep, that were Sedoney! The rocks are quite similar to Red Rock, which is what surprised me so much flying down to Vegas from Reno. I'd not seen that part of the area before.

One other thing, S-Foot; I'll put Phoenix up against just about anywhere in Colorado on February 15th. I was in Aspen for New Year's one year, and as I watched the local weather ticker the temperature went down while the sun came up! I think it went from 10 to like -2. Fireworks against Aspen Mountain were beautiful, but since my eyeballs were frozen I had to watch them on the videotape later.

STP
Old 08-19-2007 | 11:04 AM

13 SL550, 14 E63 Wagon, 15 S550, 11 M3, 08 F430 Spider, 12 ML350
Then I guess when I retire the solution will be Scottsdale during the winter and head up to Evergreen for the summers.
Old 08-19-2007 | 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Then I guess when I retire the solution will be Scottsdale during the winter and head up to Evergreen for the summers.
Maybe you ought to consider LV for the winter. Double your retirement check in just one spin of the wheel...:-)))
Old 08-19-2007 | 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Originally Posted by StevethePilot
S-Foot; I'll put Phoenix up against just about anywhere in Colorado on February 15th. Fireworks against Aspen Mountain were beautiful, but since my eyeballs were frozen I had to watch them on the videotape later.

STP
That's what I meant with my comment, "That's what makes the world go 'round". Thank goodness we all like different climates for different reasons. Otherwise, it would truly be miserable having everyone live in the same place.

As far as where to be on Feb. 15th... if you want to snow ski, snow mobile, or snow shoe, it doesn't get much better in Colorado that time of year. I understand golfing, water skiing, or swimming is very nice in Phoenix though.

However, if you are looking to watch fireworks in Colorado, may I suggest this little holiday called the 4th of July? It'll only be about 65 at that time of night and your eyeballs can see everything perfectly.

Lastly, if you liked Durango, the next time you come up our elevated way, you ought to drive another couple of hours into Telluride. I promise you'll love every minute of the drive and the destination is the most beautiful place on earth. The town sits in a box canyon surrounded by 14,000 foot peaks. We always run into lots of folks from Phoenix escaping the heat too, although they do look a bit funny wearing their winter gear in the evening when we're running around in our shorts and flip flops.

See you soon!
Old 08-19-2007 | 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Sounds like a plan!
Old 08-19-2007 | 12:31 PM

13 SL550, 14 E63 Wagon, 15 S550, 11 M3, 08 F430 Spider, 12 ML350
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Maybe you ought to consider LV for the winter. Double your retirement check in just one spin of the wheel...:-)))
There you go, I didn't think of that, better than an annuity and I can double it anytime I want and it's a lot faster than scratch tickets!