GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

ordered a 320 CDI back in May Got a GL550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007 | 09:22 AM

GL550
ordered a 320 CDI back in May Got a GL550

Hi Gang: After lurking around the forums for almost 6 months, finally took the plunge and decided to officially joint in

Well this is how the story goes: back in may ordered a 2008 320CDI obsidian Black with black leather PII with every option. needless to say that at the time the dealer had no clue about prices which I assumed to be around 72K. The build Date "supposedly" of July 23rd for first week of agust delivery never happened. finally overly frustrated after a few phone calls back and forth, I decided to pay the dealer a visit last night .....and........this is where it gets interesting..........the car got pushed back to october for reasons apparently noone can explain to me....so naturally I GOT PISSED..the manager comes and says "We'll give you a great deal on the ONLY CDI we have,,,, if you are willing to compromise on options"...WHAT? .......ok show it to me....it is pewter PI black mtex...i didn't even wanted to consider it BUT the wife "voice of reason" ask to see it anyways....(guys what a blessing it turned out to be)..to make the story short rigth next to the CDI there is a totally wrapped in plastic alabaster white GL and the only thing i could see was the 21"" AMG Wheels...???? what is that i asked....the sales manager grin and responds it is the first 550 we got and it just came in today ...why? ....second grin...... i didnt mentioned to you because you clearly wanted a CDI, but to tell you the truth i could give you a great price if you are willing to take her.....

Folks I am picking her up today. it is a beauty alabaster white macademia, loaded to the gills.

soon as i get it I'll post the obligatory pictures.

cheers

AL'
Old 08-29-2007 | 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Originally Posted by Al' Capone
Hi Gang: After lurking around the forums for almost 6 months, finally took the plunge and decided to officially joint in

Folks I am picking her up today. the 550 is a beauty alabaster white macademia, loaded to the gills.

AL'
Fantastic AL', good for you and welcome to the GL Forum! I can hardly wait to see the pics, because I don't think I've seen a white 550 yet.

I'm glad it worked out in the end for you, but I'm wondering what your wife is thinking...

"If only I hadn't encouraged him to look at the trimmed down 320, maybe I could have gotten him to save $15,000 or so."
Old 08-29-2007 | 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha

Well this is how the story goes: back in may ordered a 2008 320CDI obsidian Black with black leather PII with every option. needless to say that at the time the dealer had no clue about prices which I assumed to be around 72K. The build Date "supposedly" of July 23rd for first week of agust delivery never happened. finally overly frustrated after a few phone calls back and forth, I decided to pay the dealer a visit last night .....and........this is where it gets interesting..........the car got pushed back to october for reasons apparently noone can explain to me....so naturally I GOT PISSED..the manager comes and says "We'll give you a great deal on the ONLY CDI we have,,,, if you are willing to compromise on options"...WHAT? .......ok show it to me....it is pewter PI black mtex...i didn't even wanted to consider it BUT the wife "voice of reason" ask to see it anyways....(guys what a blessing it turned out to be)..to make the story short rigth next to the CDI there is a totally wrapped in plastic alabaster white GL and the only thing i could see was the 21"" AMG Wheels...???? what is that i asked....the sales manager grin and responds it is the first 550 we got and it just came in today ...why? ....second grin...... i didnt mentioned to you because you clearly wanted a CDI, but to tell you the truth i could give you a great price if you are willing to take her.....

Folks I am picking her up today. it is a beauty alabaster white macademia, loaded to the gills.

soon as i get it I'll post the obligatory pictures.

cheers

AL'
Way to go Al...you may be the first owner on the forum of a GL550. Congratulations and enjoy it!

We will all be waiting to see the pics...
Old 08-29-2007 | 10:06 AM

2007 GL450
Al,

Sounds great. I briefly saw a black one drive by in my town last week. Looked good! Your going to be the coolest guy on your block!

Boy, going from a GL320 to a GL550 is a big change in concept. Were you originally shopping for the GL320 (not even a GL450) because of the economy of the diesel. Then, bang, you own a GL550. I hope your wife gives you a lot of gas money.

Great ride, good luck!

Gordon
Old 08-29-2007 | 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Way to go, Al. CONGRATS and can't wait to see the pics. And, make sure to thank the wife for her "excellent" advice & support
Old 08-29-2007 | 10:33 AM

GL550
well originally the CDI decision was purely for fuel efficiency purposes,I've never own an SUV before, so i figure if i ever got one it must be fuel efficient., however i have my own business, and the gas issue is really a write off for me anyways.

the deciding factor on the GL550 was price (CDI 72500 GL 550 MSRP 82600 got it for 77500) and of course seeing it right there with the fender flares, crome roof rails, 21 AMG wheels, and THAT BIG SMILE OF THE FRONT FASCIA it was like seing a beautifull girl with nice *****, great body, and awesome elegance.. i fell madly in love with it at first sight. plus the fact that it ended up being about 5 grand more.

guys it is trully trully a macho agressive looking truck ..all i can say is that the differences parked sided by side to a 450 are clearly distintive at first sight, besides it is very elegant at the same time. BTW.. the wife comented on the mercedes benz logo on the front fascia as being a huge ring, but tastefully done.

...when is the darn phone going to ring?? woke up today at 5 in the morning in anticipation
Old 08-29-2007 | 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 A6 & '08 GL550
The 550 is truly truly a macho agressive looking truck
Oh... there's that word again, "macho". Poor rjhoskins is never going to get this truck.

the wife comented on the mercedes benz logo on the front fascia as being a huge ring, but tastefully done.
Man-o-man, she is one smooth lady. You better pay close attention to that subtle little idea she just planted into your head this holiday season.
Old 08-29-2007 | 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Man-o-man, she is one smooth lady. You better pay close attention to that subtle little idea she just planted into your head this holiday season.
Boy does that bring back memories for me...whenever I got a new toy my wife would break out the jewelry catalogs and she didn't even have to say anything. I got the message and she was off to the mall
Old 08-29-2007 | 10:43 PM

2014 GL 450
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Boy does that bring back memories for me...whenever I got a new toy my wife would break out the jewelry catalogs and she didn't even have to say anything. I got the message and she was off to the mall
Jewelry shopping...it's what we women do best
Old 08-29-2007 | 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by Newbie_2_MB
I will have to make sure my wife doesn't get any ideas in Oct.
Old 08-29-2007 | 11:40 PM

2014 GL 450
Originally Posted by oknish
I will have to make sure my wife doesn't get any ideas in Oct.
I've been told I'm a bad influence, Nish!!
Old 08-30-2007 | 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
I've been told I'm a bad influence, Nish!!
Old 08-30-2007 | 06:13 AM

13 SL550, 14 E63 Wagon, 15 S550, 11 M3, 08 F430 Spider, 12 ML350
Guy's, I think we should all have learned by now.