all weather liners vs all season mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
all weather liners vs all season mats

Can anyone tell me the difference?

Jerry at formymercedes.com has some all weather floor liners and I'm wondering if I should order them or find some of the MB all season mats instead.

??
Old 12-01-2007, 11:46 AM

GL450
All weather liners are more dish like as shown on the website you referred to. The borders rise up higher to keep spills better contained. They are made by wethertech but have MB logos on the front set. You have to get the matching cargo liners from weathertech which don't have the MB logo.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:52 PM

'08 GL 320CDI
Originally Posted by Chicky Monkey
Can anyone tell me the difference?

Jerry at formymercedes.com has some all weather floor liners and I'm wondering if I should order them or find some of the MB all season mats instead.

??
I ordered the "liners" from Jerry and should have them early next week. I already have the all season mats (a throw in when buying my GL), which are ok, but I decided after seeing pictures, that the custom liners cover much more area and provide better protection. Only small problem I see is the "dead pedal" area at your left foot will only be half covered. They really are the same as those from Weathertech. I prefer the Mercedes logo to the Weathertech logo, even though they are only cheap, stick-on emblems, and will only be on the front liners. Also, for some reason, the 2d row liners will not fully cover the hump, so I may buy a few feet of clear carpet plastic that feature the little nubs on back for a better grip and overlap the hump. The liners will help hold it down. For some strange reason, the 3d row liners (sold separately) do cover the hump. Look further back in these threads, and you'll find a couple that speak to mats and liners. Good luck.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GL 450
Chicky, I personally like the liners better. More coverage.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:45 PM

GL550
Ok great! And thanks!

I think I'll get the liners then!