GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

The corner (fog) illuminating lights make the GL look goofy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 BMW 330i, and GL 450
The corner (fog) illuminating lights make the GL look goofy...

I was driving my car and my wife was behind me in her GL, and man those corner illuminating lights look akward. They are really useless, unless you live out in the country, or your street has absolutely no lights, and even then I think we can survive.

Anyhow, do you guys know how to keep them steady? I thought I heard someone say, turn the dial all the way to the right, however, that does not seem to do the trick ..

Last edited by ubrs; 12-01-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Turn the dial all the way to the right and pull it 2 clicks and they'll both stay on
Old 12-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by blazinginder
Turn the dial all the way to the right and pull it 2 clicks and they'll both stay on
Zaaaweet. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by blazinginder
Noooo!! Two clicks turns on the rear fogs too, and we don't want that to happen unless the lack of visibility requires it.

You can give it one click for the front fogs to turn on. Or I remember reading on this forum that it can be disabled through the MFD.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
Noooo!! Two clicks turns on the rear fogs too, and we don't want that to happen unless the lack of visibility requires it.

You can give it one click for the front fogs to turn on. Or I remember reading on this forum that it can be disabled through the MFD.

I will try that. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:10 AM

2014 GL 450
Oh yeah, rear fog lights...last night my husband was following me home & it was foggy. I turned on my fog lights (2 clicks on the knob!) and when I exited the freeway, the fog had lifted, so I turned them off. We got home & he said, "You have an electrical problem" and proceeded to tell me about how goofy the left rear tail light looked. I tried to explain to him about the rear fog lamp, but he thought I was nuts. I had to show it to him in the owners manual plus find the thread on this forum that talked about it.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by AsianML

Woops...my mistake ...for some reason I didn't think into it, at first thought, had in my mind that the first click was rear and second was for front
Old 12-02-2007, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by ubrs
I was driving my car and my wife was behind me in her GL, and man those corner illuminating lights look akward. They are really useless, unless you live out in the country, or your street has absolutely no lights, and even then I think we can survive.

Anyhow, do you guys know how to keep them steady? I thought I heard someone say, turn the dial all the way to the right, however, that does not seem to do the trick ..
Both of those situations apply to my area...........and I appreciate the extra lighting when making the turns. Since they only acitivate at slow speed, I think the system is a good idea. The more light at night the better........as dictated by age!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:18 AM

MB
Originally Posted by blittle
Both of those situations apply to my area...........and I appreciate the extra lighting when making the turns. Since they only acitivate at slow speed, I think the system is a good idea. The more light at night the better........as dictated by age!
+1 I live in the country (Pennsyltucky!) and find the feature useful though I believe it serves no purpose in the city. The nuisance I encountered was a police officer pulling me over thinking a fog light was broken. Took a few minutes of explaining to settle things.