GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

SRS Malfunction--Drive to workshop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
SRS Malfunction--Drive to workshop

Received this error message today. Must be the same on-going issue with the ML. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL 450
I've had it happen twice; once when I turned on the ignition w/out buckling my seatbelt and the other time was this past Friday when the battery died after my husband left the lights on.

I haven't taken it in because each time it happens, it goes away after I turn the car off & then back on. I'll mention it when I take it in for service in a few months.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Newbie_2_MB
I've had it happen twice; once when I turned on the ignition w/out buckling my seatbelt and the other time was this past Friday when the battery died after my husband left the lights on.

I haven't taken it in because each time it happens, it goes away after I turn the car off & then back on. I'll mention it when I take it in for service in a few months.
Brave! I rely on the SRS to not only protect me in case of a wreck but also to not harm me by going off unexpectedly. Don't let me tell you what to do (you're a biker chick, anyway!) but if it were me I'd go right in and get it inspected.

That said, when I had my 86 560SEL the airbag light came on and the mechanic said it would take some very expensive converter and it was probably fine anyway. I just made sure not to get into an accident and everything was fine.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL 450
Originally Posted by StevethePilot
Brave! I rely on the SRS to not only protect me in case of a wreck but also to not harm me by going off unexpectedly. Don't let me tell you what to do (you're a biker chick, anyway!) but if it were me I'd go right in and get it inspected.
I should take it in, but it's an expedition to get it to the dealer (that's what I get for living in the boonies). If I take it in on a weekend, they don't have loaner cars & I don't have a ride for the 35 miles back home. I tried putting the Harley in the back, but the GL just isn't big enough