Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Joyride
(Notice the heated & ventilated seats)
Oh, man, that is SUH-WHEET!

Okay, so what would happen if, say, someone went up to Manitoba and ordered some macadamia colored heated and ventilated seats for their GL? And then went to self install them? I wonder ... could it be done?

Hmmm ...

STP
Old 04-11-2008, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
I agree with Jack and believe that Distronic is dead.
Salt meet open wound.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 A6 & '08 GL550
Originally Posted by StevethePilot
Oh, man, that is SUH-WHEET!

Okay, so what would happen if, say, someone went up to Manitoba and ordered some macadamia colored heated and ventilated seats for their GL? And then went to self install them? I wonder ... could it be done?

Hmmm ...

STP
ROADTRIP!!!

I'm all over that one STP. That is, as long as Nish's open wound heals in time.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
ROADTRIP!!!

I'm all over that one STP. That is, as long as Nish's open wound heals in time.
With the amount of salt being sprinkled so liberally around here these days, I doubt if those open wounds would heal anytime soon. And, don't forget, Ma Benz is still sharpening the sword for the final thrust

But, I have to say this is one roadtrip I would love to do if logistics work out.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Joyride, that looks like an exceptionally nice ride. Congrats and welcome. One other thing, in the pic of the dash, the buttons next to the hazard flasher button appear to be what I would think the off road package buttons would look like. Anyone know if I am correct here? I know it isn't available in US models, but maybe it is available north of the border.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:18 AM

Sonderklasse
Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
Joyride, that looks like an exceptionally nice ride. Congrats and welcome. One other thing, in the pic of the dash, the buttons next to the hazard flasher button appear to be what I would think the off road package buttons would look like. Anyone know if I am correct here? I know it isn't available in US models, but maybe it is available north of the border.
Yes you can get ORP in Canada even on the GL550 but those next to the hazard light button are not ORP buttons I believe.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
ROADTRIP!!!
Me 'n my big, fat mouth.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:41 PM

1972 Chevy Vega 2300 - Panel Express
Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
The button to the right of the hazard button is the "Off-road driving program" switch which is standard on all GL models (without ORP).

The off-road driving program adjusts the engine power and shifting of the automatic transmission to be more suitable for the off-road use of the vehicle. In addition, the ABS, ESP®, and 4-ETS designed for off-road use are automatically activated. In the following situations you should switch to the off-road driving program:
- during off-road driving
- when crossing water (<20in)
- when towing up or down on steep gradients

If you have ORP then the button is the "LOW RANGE MODE" switch:

With LOW RANGE selected, the engine’s power delivery and the shifting behavior of the automatic transmission are adjusted. Furthermore, the ABS, the ESP®, and the 4-ETS functions especially adapted to off-road travel are activated.

LOW RANGE acts by raising the engine’s gear ratio. The vehicle travels at roughly third the speed compared to when in HIGH RANGE position, leading to an increase in the engine’s drive power.
In the following situations you should switch to the LOW RANGE mode:
- before driving through water

Last edited by GL Fahrer; 04-12-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:16 AM

Depends where I'm going.
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Nappa Leather with Light Birchwood also optional on the '09 550.

Neither vented seats or Nappa will be optional on other models.
Did someone say Nappa leather and light birch? My wife didn't like the idea of light wood with the black interior but loved it when she saw it in person. The matte finish has a more contemporary look also. With Nappa leather, I believe the dash is actual leather, mine feels different from regular GLs and the stitching is a different color.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
The Nappa leather isn't as grainy as the regular leather. I love the PE interior. I still drool whenever I see pictures of it.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by WingFlex
Yes you can get ORP in Canada even on the GL550 but those next to the hazard light button are not ORP buttons I believe.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by GL Fahrer
The button to the right of the hazard button is the "Off-road driving program" switch which is standard on all GL models (without ORP).

The off-road driving program adjusts the engine power and shifting of the automatic transmission to be more suitable for the off-road use of the vehicle. In addition, the ABS, ESP®, and 4-ETS designed for off-road use are automatically activated. In the following situations you should switch to the off-road driving program:
- when crossing water (<20in)

If you have ORP then the button is the "LOW RANGE MODE" switch:

With LOW RANGE selected, the engine’s power delivery and the shifting behavior of the automatic transmission are adjusted. Furthermore, the ABS, the ESP®, and the 4-ETS functions especially adapted to off-road travel are activated.

LOW RANGE acts by raising the engine’s gear ratio. The vehicle travels at roughly third the speed compared to when in HIGH RANGE position, leading to an increase in the engine’s drive power.
In the following situations you should switch to the LOW RANGE mode:
- before driving through water
And the professor gives another superb class to another uninformed student. Thank you.

That sounds like something that someone should tell the boys at MBUSA to allow it to be places on US models. Should not be a problem with tooling, sine the ORP already is available on Canadian models, right? Oh, wait, we have been through this already. well, nonetheless, a GL550 with the Napa leather, light birchwood, distronic, and ORP would be one very awesome vehicle. That it would.

Excuse me for the off-topic drift, but maybe SUV sales seem to be taking a bit of a hit lately. The GM plant in Arlington, TX has shut down for 3 weeks because of slow GM SUV sales. I know that there is a different type of buyer for GM vs. MB SUVs, but it could be a trend that affects the segment as a whole.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:26 PM

Pinto
does the 08 GL550 Have the ventilated cooled seats?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Almost a Member!

09 gl550,06 AM Vantage, 08 S600
Nope
Old 04-20-2009, 11:56 AM

08 gl550
First post,Come take a look at~~~~~~~~~~~~~~