GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

bucking??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bucking??

I have a 320 cdi, my wife said today it started bucking a little and than it stopped, i took it for a test drive and couldnt get it to do it...but i noticed when i put it in drive it kind of kicks, is that normal??? Also has anyone had a problem with that vehicle bucking while being driven??
Old 05-24-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Trodas
I have a 320 cdi, my wife said today it started bucking a little and than it stopped, i took it for a test drive and couldnt get it to do it...but i noticed when i put it in drive it kind of kicks, is that normal??? Also has anyone had a problem with that vehicle bucking while being driven??
I've sometimes had weird hesitations and mis-shifts. Seven gears seems a lot to choose from! But I've never had it "buck then stop." All that torque, applied when you put it in gear, can give her a little shove.

I have noted that recently (possibly as temps have risen), to back out of the garage at anything above dead slow requires a touch of the accelerator pedal. It could be the heat and it could be the ~33,000 miles. Dunno.

STP