And the saga continues..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by MomsBenz
The Rep from MBUSA is suppose to call me today with a direct contact number and of course his name. I will let him know I will be traveling 2000+ miles and that failure is NOT an option
Do let your dealer's GM and SM know that you are traveling and if you hit any bumps you will hold them responsible. Might make them take a personal interest in making sure your repairs are done right.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:19 PM

2011 GL450
Jen-Thank you. We have a condo in Idaho for a majority of the time. I pray we don't have to visit any on our trip. If we happen to be in Montana I will use your contact there. Thanks for the name!

Jim-Thanks. I got a call back from the Rep. He said he will be reviewing my file and the mechanics notes. I am to keep him updated on the cars condition.

Oknish- I did tell the SA and GM at Walter's today that I am traveling. Trust me they will hear about it if I break down so far from home. I also advised the regional rep of my trip plans and concerns. He said to make sure I took his number with me. I already have him programmed in my cell phone! LOL!

I got my car back today. Now it is a waiting game. They did a great job on the trailer hitch recall work. The car was detailed and looks like new. I am soooo happy to have it back as is my 3 year old who watched Sponge Bob on the way home

Last edited by MomsBenz; 07-08-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Good Job. Just make sure the car doen't break down on you while you are on your trip.

Keep us updated on the status of the car.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 AM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Good Job. Just make sure the car doen't break down on you while you are on your trip.

Keep us updated on the status of the car.
Thanks! Will do How is the weather in India? What day is your grand opening?
Old 07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Thanks! Will do How is the weather in India? What day is your grand opening?
Kaila,

The weather is horrible. Its currently monsoon season here so its very humid and wet as a result. Luckily I have AC and all the creature comforts in the S550 and my apartment (flat) here in Mumbai.

The grand opening has been pushed back as I wasn't please with the staffing we had at the hotel, and has since been pushed back another week or so. IHG and I felt this was the best thing to do. I am thrilled my wife is coming with the girls though haha. I can't seem to leave them for trips this long.

Do let me know how the GL treats you now and don't hesitate to ask anyone of us here to step in and get the ball rolling towards a new GL. I just found out our new GL550 has made it to production and should be here as soon as MBUSA releases them.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:03 AM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Kaila,

The weather is horrible. Its currently monsoon season here so its very humid and wet as a result. Luckily I have AC and all the creature comforts in the S550 and my apartment (flat) here in Mumbai.

The grand opening has been pushed back as I wasn't please with the staffing we had at the hotel, and has since been pushed back another week or so. IHG and I felt this was the best thing to do. I am thrilled my wife is coming with the girls though haha. I can't seem to leave them for trips this long.

Do let me know how the GL treats you now and don't hesitate to ask anyone of us here to step in and get the ball rolling towards a new GL. I just found out our new GL550 has made it to production and should be here as soon as MBUSA releases them.
Ugh, I can't handle humidity. Creature comforts definitely make it bearable! Yes, I think an S550 would make it easier! Glad to hear the Mrs. and kiddos get to join you. Bummer things got pushed back, but hey it's gotta be perfect right?!

Can't wait to see pics of the new GL550. When is the estimated release date?

I will definitely ask for help if it acts up again. I am thinking it needs to go back in to have the rear hatch adjusted. It seems to go down nice and slow and then the last 6 inches or so it just slams shut. I don't remember it doing this before. My friend has the same car, I am going to go over and take a look at hers and see if it is acting like mine. (Geez, my car is gone a week and I already forgot what is normal )

Thanks again! Keep in touch from Mumbai
Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM

GL450 (Alabaster White/Black Interior)
Kaila,

My hatch does the same thing sometimes (i.e. slams shut). It should go down to almost closed and then the close assist should do the rest. There is a technical service bulletin on this hatch/liftgate not working properly and a few people on this forum have had this problem.

My hatch works properly about 60 to 70 percent of the time and my dealer could not get it to do it so they did not fix anything the last time I took it in.

Good luck with your trip........

Jeff
Old 07-10-2008, 01:20 PM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by BeanCounter
Kaila,

My hatch does the same thing sometimes (i.e. slams shut). It should go down to almost closed and then the close assist should do the rest. There is a technical service bulletin on this hatch/liftgate not working properly and a few people on this forum have had this problem.

My hatch works properly about 60 to 70 percent of the time and my dealer could not get it to do it so they did not fix anything the last time I took it in.

Good luck with your trip........

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. They were suppose to fix the hatch this last time. When I dropped it off it was completely nonfunctional. Is there an adjustment? I will wait to take it in once we get back. I am not ready to part with it again quite yet
Old 07-10-2008, 02:39 PM

GL450 (Alabaster White/Black Interior)
Thanks Jeff. They were suppose to fix the hatch this last time. When I dropped it off it was completely nonfunctional. Is there an adjustment? I will wait to take it in once we get back. I am not ready to part with it again quite yet
From what I am told, the fix can be as simple as resetting something in the computer but can be alot more........
Old 07-10-2008, 03:21 PM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by BeanCounter
From what I am told, the fix can be as simple as resetting something in the computer but can be alot more........
Blech! Thanks. I will bring it up next time it is in.