Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available

Just purchased from Weathertech their all weather 'Digital Fit' mats for both the front and rear seats in the GL. The rear seating area now covers the hump over the transmission tunnel. The new 'Digital Fit' mats look very nice.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but the last time I saw anything about this the 'rear hump' wasn't being covered; now it apparently is.

Bish
Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 GL450
Originally Posted by thebishman
Just purchased from Weathertech their all weather 'Digital Fit' mats for both the front and rear seats in the GL. The rear seating area now covers the hump over the transmission tunnel. The new 'Digital Fit' mats look very nice.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but the last time I saw anything about this the 'rear hump' wasn't being covered; now it apparently is.

Bish
I ordered all 3 rows for my new GL. They are suppose to be delivered today! I can't wait to get them. So happy to hear they fit nicely =)
Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Post some pics of these in the mat/liner thread. The way it has been snowing in SoCal, I might have to buy these
Old 12-18-2008, 01:06 PM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by oknish
Post some pics of these in the mat/liner thread. The way it has been snowing in SoCal, I might have to buy these
Having ash carpet and 3 kids I had no choice Having them for the winter is just a bonus!

I would love to see pics too. I will post some of mine when I get them.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
DBV

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GLC and 2017 BMW 530xi M-Sport
That is a great idea to cover that hump! Do the front maps have deeper grooves in them for snow/slush? We have the Mercedes all weather front and middle mats and we are not too impressed with those.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'16 S550, '03 & '15 GMC Sierra 1500, '17 C300
Bish,

Did you purchase mats or liners? Are the 2nd & 3rd row 1-piece or 2-piece?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL320
Those who have 1 pc 2nd row liner, can you let us know how well it stay in place? Thanks.

Last edited by midnightz; 12-18-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

08 GL 450 Black/Black
Originally Posted by midnightz
Those who have 1 pc 2nd row liner, can you let us know how well it stay in place? Thanks.
The second and third row liners are one piece. They remind you to take out the fabric OEM mats first. Those fit well. The front mats seem to fit less well though with a higher lip on the sides. At first I thought I installed them backwards or on the wrong side, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Let me know what you guys think when you get it. The plastic is more brittle than what I am used to. I think I had rubberized mats from a different company for my X5 that I prefer a little more.

I also bought the cargo mat which is 2 piece and the way I think it works with the 3rd row seats up is to overlap the two pieces where there is a seam (like a ziplock) and unzip when you fold the third row down and maximize the surface area. It is not meant to reach all the way if the 2nd row is also down.

Dave
Old 12-18-2008, 03:59 PM

2009 GL450, 06 Triumph Speed Triple, 07 Triumph Speedmaster
All 3 Rows

I have the MB version (made by Weathertech but they have the MB on nameplate on fronts) that I ordered from a discount OEM site. Got the "liners" and not the "mats." Liners have the higher outside lip to keep the wet stuff on the mat.

The second row goes over the hump as previously stated, and they stay in place very well. They even have two cutouts to accommodate the 12V plugs that are on the center console.

I just ordered the third row today for $55 from the same site (dealerfit.com) and the 2-piece cargo liner from Weathertech directly. I had originally ordered the OEM reversible cargo liner, but didn't think that it would get the job done since it only has a rigid piece that only covers the area behind the third row, as well as a soft hang-over piece to go over the bumper when loading.

I will try to get pics of the front and second row liners when I get home tonight.

BTW, I love this site and I love my 1.5-week old GL.

Last edited by Josey92; 12-18-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by cablvr
Bish,

Did you purchase mats or liners? Are the 2nd & 3rd row 1-piece or 2-piece?

Just ordered yesterday. I'll let you know my thoughts when they arrive Was just letting the board know that this was the first time I had seen the digital fit mats, and that the center hump was now covered.

Bish
Old 12-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Almost a Member!

08 GL 450 Black/Black
Originally Posted by thebishman
Just ordered yesterday. I'll let you know my thoughts when they arrive Was just letting the board know that this was the first time I had seen the digital fit mats, and that the center hump was now covered.

Bish
I found the instructions deep in one of the boxes. I had the front liners reversed and on the wrong side - oops . They fit great now, just like a glove, pretty awesome The Weathertech label has to be in the outer rear corner of the front liners. Sorry, I haven't tried to take pictures, not sure how black on black is going to show and I gotta pack for Cali before the storm hits!

Dave
Old 12-30-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Just wanted to add to what others have said about the digital fit liners.

They fit great and cover pretty much all of the carpet in the front seating area. Very high lip that would help contain a large amount of dirt, snow, etc.

The second row is a one piece unit that covers the transmission hump, and also fits very well. Does not move around which is nice. I do wish that it had been designed to fit under the front seats a little more, but overall am very pleased with it also.

I would highly recommend these digital fit liners/mats to anyone who lives in an area with crappy winter weather.

Bish
Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 PM

2011 GL450
I got mine yesterday, with all the bad weather the shipment was delayed. I was so excited to get them and when I opened them they were TAN! I ordered grey. So now I wait again while they ship me the new (right color) ones. I did put them in to see how they fit and they are fantastic!
Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 AM

2016 GL63 & 2008 S550
Originally Posted by MomsBenz
I got mine yesterday, with all the bad weather the shipment was delayed. I was so excited to get them and when I opened them they were TAN! I ordered grey. So now I wait again while they ship me the new (right color) ones. I did put them in to see how they fit and they are fantastic!
Their website says that they've been specially designed to channel liquids, in order to spread out the material as it spills (Mohitos anyone???). It also eludes to some sort of easy drainage by lifting one corner to let the liquid pour over the door threshold. I am dying to see more photographs or a video showing these in action. The images on the Weathertech Website are pretty good as they show all the colors and configurations.

-C
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Originally Posted by CommanderCody
I am dying to see more photographs or a video showing these in action. The images on the Weathertech Website are pretty good as they show all the colors and configurations.
I am guessing that if you are looking to buy these then it must be because of young 'uns. I am pretty sure amount of rain and snow are not a factor for you
Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 PM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by CommanderCody
Their website says that they've been specially designed to channel liquids, in order to spread out the material as it spills (Mohitos anyone???). It also eludes to some sort of easy drainage by lifting one corner to let the liquid pour over the door threshold. I am dying to see more photographs or a video showing these in action. The images on the Weathertech Website are pretty good as they show all the colors and configurations.

-C
When mine come I promise to take photos. They have a very nice rim on them that will definitely hold liquid, mud and snow. The outside lip is kinda slanted outwards which would make them easy to pour the liquid mess out of the car. The true life colors from what I have experienced so far are darker than those shown on the website. The pic below is of the Tan.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:36 PM

'08 GL 320CDI
I have the latest version of Weathertech liners that fit over the hump in the second and third rows and they are great. Just returned to Texas from Michigan and Chicago where we encountered a ton of snow. The new liners were wonderful and greatly protected my Macademia interior and carpet. I highly recommend them.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 PM

Crappy Pics (sorry for the dirty GL)

Can't seem to get pics when there is sunlight out and the garage I keep "The Oven" (as my daughter's call her since the tailgate bings like our Thermador oven) is very dimly lit. Note the MB label on the front liners as opposed to the WT logo.

Please excuse the dirtiness of her interior considering these pics were taken after a dirty snow here in the east coast. Would've posted these earlier but my laptop suffered from an exploding battery.

I do have the 2-piece cargo liner from Weathertech, since there is no MB version, that I will try to post this weekend along with the 3rd row liners from MB (again these liners are made by WT for MB).
Attached Thumbnails Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available-front_driver.jpg   Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available-row2.jpg   Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available-ctr_hump.jpg  
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL 450, '02 S 80 T6
Thanks for the pics, Josey. They do give a great idea of what to expect.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM

2016 GL63 & 2008 S550
Originally Posted by oknish
I am guessing that if you are looking to buy these then it must be because of young 'uns. I am pretty sure amount of rain and snow are not a factor for you
Nice catch, Nish. You are correct (we've got 2 of them to be exact)

You're also right about the weather; Although, it was quite wet here during the last weeks of December, and I was forced to throw a towel over the "hump" in the 2nd row to keep things form getting muddy and dirty.

Thanks for the photos everyone. I think I'll be placing my order this week. I really like the MB logos on the front mats... Nice touch.

-CC
Old 01-06-2009, 04:32 PM

2011 GL450
CC-If you want the MB logo instead of the WeatherTech logo you have to order through your MB dealer. I ordered directly from WeatherTech and they have their logo, not MB. I am curious to know how much MB marks them up to put their logo on them
Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by MomsBenz
CC-If you want the MB logo instead of the WeatherTech logo you have to order through your MB dealer. I ordered directly from WeatherTech and they have their logo, not MB. I am curious to know how much MB marks them up to put their logo on them
I got them from a 3rd-party site called "dealerfit" (am I breaking the rules by mentioning them?) for less than the dealer. I have no affiliation with them.

BTW, the logos are only on the front mats and the set only includes the 1st and 2nd rows. They also have the 3rd row that I also purchase from them.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 PM

2011 GL450
Josey-Wish I would of know that before I ordered mine, LOL! O-well

Mine came in today. Here are pics for those of you who wanted to see. Mine are Ash, so now with Josey's you can see black and gray

Driver side

Second Row

Another view of second row

Third row

And I ordered the cargo area from CANVASBACK and love it, it moves with the third row seats so you never have to take it out!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
I think it's time I made a purchase of the liners. I have the Canvasback too and love it. Kaila, I think you'll notice that it will start to hug the carpet after being used some. Also a hint when raising the back seats. I stop it mid way up and tuck it into the spring loaded hinge part so it doesn't hang loose.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 PM

2011 GL450
Originally Posted by JimBarnhart
I think it's time I made a purchase of the liners. I have the Canvasback too and love it. Kaila, I think you'll notice that it will start to hug the carpet after being used some. Also a hint when raising the back seats. I stop it mid way up and tuck it into the spring loaded hinge part so it doesn't hang loose.
Thanks for the tip! I am going to try that tomorrow. I just kinda tucked it under and let it hang, I would love for it to be tucked away! Thanks for referring me to the site, I love this cargo liner!! You will really like the liners too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weathertech 'Digital Fit' all weather mats now available