Originally Posted by MomsBenz
It still has less than 300 miles on
Come on down to LA to meet us
Old 01-06-2009, 04:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 GL450
Originally Posted by oknish
Come on down to LA to meet us
I should! That would give me a chance for a nice drive. Maybe one weekend soon!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI
If the key fob is set to only open the driver's door when you first hit "unlock", then the car will remember this and only unlock the driver's door when you arrive at your destination and open the door. However, if you hit the key fob a second time to unlock the other doors (or have it set to unlock all the doors with the initial press of the "unlock" button), then all the doors will unlock when you later open the driver's door. This works for me and I do not have keyless go.

This makes sense, since when you're driving alone you normally hit the unlock button only once to open the driver's door. When you're travling with passengers, you hit it a second time to unlock the remaining doors, so when you arrive at your destination those doors once again unlock to let them out. If the internal setting were permanently changed to only unlock the driver's door, then you'd have to manually unlock the passenger doors each time (or they would have to pull up the locking knobs) before they could exit the vehicle. That would become old pretty fast.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Comfy_Couch
If the key fob is set to only open the driver's door when you first hit "unlock", then the car will remember this and only unlock the driver's door when you arrive at your destination and open the door. However, if you hit the key fob a second time to unlock the other doors (or have it set to unlock all the doors with the initial press of the "unlock" button), then all the doors will unlock when you later open the driver's door. This works for me and I do not have keyless go.
I don't know about that. I set it to open only the driver's door on the first press, and I had the kids with me yesterday (hit the button twice to unlock, because of passengers). On arrival at our destination, neither of the front doors opening would open all the doors. I had to hit the unlock button to unlock the rear doors.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Banned

2008 GL 320 CDI
Originally Posted by StevethePilot
I don't know about that. I set it to open only the driver's door on the first press, and I had the kids with me yesterday (hit the button twice to unlock, because of passengers). On arrival at our destination, neither of the front doors opening would open all the doors. I had to hit the unlock button to unlock the rear doors.
Hmm...that's strange. Mine definitely seems to work that way. I have an '08. What MY do you have?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by Comfy_Couch
Hmm...that's strange. Mine definitely seems to work that way. I have an '08. What MY do you have?
Well, I have an aught-7, but here's the whole story; at some point, I manually unlocked the doors with the button and it was after that, that the front doors didn't open the rears. If I don't do that, then they do whether I've pressed once or twice. Darned car will try and second-guess you when you set it up like this!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 PM

08 GL320
Question GL locking/unlocking

September 07 Build date on mine. Same story.