GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

So they deliver the wrong truck ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charger, Saab & Aston
So they deliver the wrong truck ...

Short version: talking to multiple dealers for silver/black GL 550 with rear-entertainment the only option we require. Find out that no-cost option of heated wheel instead of leather also gives heated 2nd-row of seats and decide that's preferrable. Best deal comes from CT (I'm on Long Island) and they tell me they've located my truck as described above also having active seats and trailer hitch, both nice to have. We take delivery yesterday on the way home from family wedding in CT, having 7 adults and 3 kids as part of our 2-car caravan. In all the chaos to just get the thing and get home, I don't even notice the truck has the wood wheel and lighted door sills and it wasn't the one we agreed upon! It's for my wife and she doesn't care. I e-mailed the dealership and asked them what happened and what they can do.
I'm sure I'll hear from them first-thing Monday morning. Opinions?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 GLE63S AMG, 2018 GLE43 AMG, 2014 E63 AMG S-Model 4Matic Wagon (sold)
Not The GL You Though You Were Supposed To Get

I'm sorry to say this, but I think you got snookered. Why do you think so many car salespeople have that special reputation?

You may have some recourse if you have everything in writing, signed by someone in authority at the dealership. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 AM

Charger, Saab & Aston
Nah, snookered is the wrong word. Since the no-cost option of the heated wheel is the only difference, I think they made an honest mistake. It's not like it's the wrong color or something. After discovering/posting, my wife found out that ours has the heated 2nd row, which I mistakenly though was tied into the heated wheel. That was the thing that mattered more, since it's only a small amount of wood from 10-2 on the wheel. Besides, it has the lighted sills, a $500 option, which makes the deal I got even better. After discussing briefly, the wife and I will keep this one because the difference is very small.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Tesla M3SR+, 2017 GLS550, 2011 E350 Bluetec, 2007 GL450 (GONE), 2003 E500 (GONE)
Originally Posted by Devil Red
Nah, snookered is the wrong word. Since the no-cost option of the heated wheel is the only difference, I think they made an honest mistake. It's not like it's the wrong color or something. After discovering/posting, my wife found out that ours has the heated 2nd row, which I mistakenly though was tied into the heated wheel. That was the thing that mattered more, since it's only a small amount of wood from 10-2 on the wheel. Besides, it has the lighted sills, a $500 option, which makes the deal I got even better. After discussing briefly, the wife and I will keep this one because the difference is very small.
Someone posted on this forum that they've seen wooden steering wheel with a built-in heater. Check yours, maybe it's also heated.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Charger, Saab & Aston
Could be, I'll have to take a closer look eventually. It's strange b/c it seemed at one point the heated 2nd row was tied into the heated leather wheel under a no-cost option code. I really think M-B could afford to give each SUV it's own brochure instead of all the ML/GL/G being together ...
Old 05-14-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
I think the heated 2nd row w/ heated steering wheel is part of the heating package option available on the 450. The 2nd row heated seats are standard on the 550 as you mentioned.

dont think the heated wheel is available with wood from whoever commented on that. The wood would crack eventually is the reason I've heard why they dont do that...