GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Where's the video aux jacks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's the video aux jacks?

I just bought a new 09 Gl450. It comes with the ipod jack as well as rear entertainment.

In the manual there is a section on Video Aux and it says there is a video aux through a cinch cable (video, audio, left, and audio right). It is suppose to be in the glove compartment. I don't see such a thing. I see the ipod cable which also has a 1/8" jack but no video and aucio rca jacks. Does the ipod cable take place of the video jacks? It shouldn't since everything through that Multimedia jack is for audio only I thought.
I can still see it in the menu under Video-->Video Aux.

Another related question, what's the best place to buy a usb cable besides the dealer. Anyone have the part number?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by superflysocal
I just bought a new 09 Gl450. It comes with the ipod jack as well as rear entertainment.

In the manual there is a section on Video Aux and it says there is a video aux through a cinch cable (video, audio, left, and audio right). It is suppose to be in the glove compartment. I don't see such a thing. I see the ipod cable which also has a 1/8" jack but no video and aucio rca jacks. Does the ipod cable take place of the video jacks? It shouldn't since everything through that Multimedia jack is for audio only I thought.
I can still see it in the menu under Video-->Video Aux.

Another related question, what's the best place to buy a usb cable besides the dealer. Anyone have the part number?
the 1/8" jack that is in the pigtail with the ipod plug *is* the A/V jack.... its a 1/8" 4 conductor combo jack.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rob13572468
the 1/8" jack that is in the pigtail with the ipod plug *is* the A/V jack.... its a 1/8" 4 conductor combo jack.

so should the cable that is needed to get video/audio input be included or can i just use a camcorder cable?