Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Arrow Rear SAM software update

MY 08-09
Service Campaign 2009070002 AUG09 Update rear SAM (signal acquisition module) software in affected vehicles an increased no-load current may occur from repeated opening and closing of the lift gate, using the key remote or lift gate lock switch overshoots the switching range. These conditions may cause the battery to drain. Approximately 29,055 vehicles affected. Have your dealer check VMI (vehicle master inquiry) to see if your vehicle is involved.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
I just had this done this past Thursday. Drove the car on Friday. Got something out of the back by opening and then closing the lift gate Friday afternoon. Did not attempt to drive the car until Saturday afternoon. When I did, the battery was totally drained.

I thought this software update was supposed to correct this problem? I've had the car for two months with no problems whatsoever. It seems that the software update caused the problem it was supposed to correct. I would be curious to know if anyone else has this problem after they get it serviced.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:55 PM

15 GL550
took the GL into the dealership today. Bad relay. Unrelated to the software update. They took the relay switch off a new car on the lot. Was told that they didn't even do the software update last week because my gl has a late build date and didn't need it. They charged mb for it though, I know because I signed the invoice that said they performed service campaign for $46.75. Maybe they had to charge because they still had to hook up the computer to find out what version the car was running. You would think that MB would keep track of the VIN that they changed software versions on...
Old 09-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by 43221B
They charged mb for it though, I know because I signed the invoice that said they performed service campaign for $46.75. Maybe they had to charge because they still had to hook up the computer to find out what version the car was running. You would think that MB would keep track of the VIN that they changed software versions on...
Balloon heads! SA simply checks VMI (vehicle master inquiry) to confirm your VIN is involved MB will not pay if not listed, no need to check software version through SDS. Furthermore, tech is required to identify /clear any fault codes stored (i.e.: faulty relay).
Old 09-09-2009, 04:06 PM

15 GL550
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Balloon heads! SA simply checks VMI (vehicle master inquiry) to confirm your VIN is involved MB will not pay if not listed, no need to check software version through SDS. Furthermore, tech is required to identify /clear any fault codes stored (i.e.: faulty relay).
SA checked VMI and confirmed VIN was involved. Upon completing the software update, tech realized the car was up to date and did not need new software version.

The faulty relay was a separate issue. Was charged to MB under a different invoice.

I'm not complaining. In fact, I couldn't care a less. My GL was in the shop to have some other things installed/repaired when the phantom software update occurred. Just think it's kind of interesting that MB got charged(at least it was on my invoice) and apparently doesn't know what version of software my VIN was running.