Need used 2007 GL450 advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Dodge Grand Caravan

I am new to MBWorld (first post) and after a lot of research I am looking to buy a used GL450 in about a year or two with at least the Premium I package and a hitch. I have been watching them on Autotrader.com, cars.com and ebaymotors.com. Here are the questions I have:

1) Any other sites or dealers I should be checking?
2) Any advice about buying online or long distance? (I live in Wisconsin so I will have to travel to get vehicle)
3) I like to Barolo/Macedemia combination. I have 4 kinds, is the Macedemia too light colored? The black would be good for dirt but looks very dark, is it?
4) Do you think prices will start to go down soon once the first 3 year lease vehicles expire?
5) Does anyone know the maintenance schedule and costs or where I can find it?

I really appreciate any advice you can give me,

Thank you,

Scott
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by spschomaker
2) Any advice about buying online or long distance? (I live in Wisconsin so I will have to travel to get vehicle)
Just quickly, I know I've advocated taking the road trip to get to know the vehicle, but I wouldn't do that necessarily with a used car. I think it'd be a bad idea to purchase a car used without driving it, taking it to a mechanic you know or at the very least putting eyes (and hands) on it.

Just my own two bits'.

STP
Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
Used GL450

I bought myself a used GL450 two months ago and I'm happy with. I did a lot of research before I made the decision. I found mine on cars.com and bought it from a Dealer in Chicago. Ebay is not bad at all but I wouldn't buy from any dealer in AZ (other than MB dealer) they are the rip off. Don't buy from RAB in Atlanta, their prices are much higher than the market is. I wouldn't buy before I take a test drive. If you can find one with appearance package in addition to P1 then it would be great. But anyway if you need more insight then feel free to PM me with your phone#.