GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Factory equipment questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'97 E320
Factory equipment questions...

Ive seen some posts about how MB often includes options with all vehicles (like heated front seats on some models, or memory seats on w221 S class), but does not activate the feature or include the switches unless the option is ordered.

Could this be the case with heated rear seats and/or a heated wood steering wheel on our vehicles? Heated rear seats were not available with full leather in '09, and it's an option we would love to have if it can be "installed" without having to replace major components.

Also, though I dont think MB officially offers a heated wood/leather steering wheel in the US, I believe it is available in Europe. Another option we would love to have if the feature was somehow already built into the wheel and just needed a switch/harness.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by stickygreen
Ive seen some posts about how MB often includes options with all vehicles (like heated front seats on some models, or memory seats on w221 S class), but does not activate the feature or include the switches unless the option is ordered.
I think these posts were wishful thinking and that this never happens.

At the most, there could be some unused wiring harnesses, but never the components themselves.

I tried "configuring" a GL550 at the Mercedes UK website, and heated and wood are incompatible options.

Last edited by lkchris; 11-28-2009 at 05:21 PM.