GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

yay, picked up 07 CDI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 GL320 CDI
yay, picked up 07 CDI

pretty new to posting on forum but lurked for awhile...

I just pulled the trigger on an 07 cdi-- 25K mile, private owner, 1pkg, chrome, reverse camera,hitch, appearance/19"s, sunrf, 3 zone, but no mp3 or bluetooth. Black on macademia and really nice car--drives better than any big suv deserves too....

The hitch recall was done, new michelin diamaris's were installed and maintenence is up to date. Question is what else should I be looking at right now? I know my way around vehicles pretty good and nothing seems out of line but it will take time to get on top of this one.

We take delivery tomorrow... looking forward to participating!

later, Mike
Old 02-01-2010, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by mandkole
Question is what else should I be looking at right now? I know my way around vehicles pretty good and nothing seems out of line but it will take time to get on top of this one.
You should see if the hose recall was done (though I sincerely doubt it wouldn't have been). There's actually several recalls that should've been done, and I think a dealership will be able to look your truck up by VIN to see that they were all taken care of.

Leather or MB Tex?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 AM

07 GL320 CDI
Leather.

In looking at the repair receipts (confirming if any more at dealer), the oil level sensor was replaced, hitch recall done, susp air comp replaced, flex b service done. No receipts showing coolant hose recall was done.

The issue thats come up a few times is the rear hatch not closing properly. adjustments were done and it worked fine when we test drove it and went around it.

Calling the MB dealer this morning.

thanks, mike
Old 02-01-2010, 12:10 PM

07 GL320 CDI
Just called dealer, all recalls have been completed. No recall for coolant hose was noted for my vehicle VIN... The recall for hitch and air susp compressor were done.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Just called dealer, all recalls have been completed. No recall for coolant hose was noted for my vehicle VIN... The recall for hitch and air susp compressor were done.
Not everyone needed the hose replacement. It was done fairly early and some trucks had the new hose before delivery.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM

07 GL320 CDI
that's correct-- ours was a June 07 build and the update was already done.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
It was NOT a "coolant" hose, but rather a hose connected to the intercooler, i.e. part of the turbocharging system. They would simply blow off and then the motor would have no power.

In the glovebox there should either be an iPod connector (an option) or a 3.5 audio jack to which you can connect an MP3 player.

If car is prewired for phone, you do it according to picture, the bluetooth "puck" being the silver thing on the right that connects same place.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 PM

07 GL320 CDI
If I could spend 5 min without my wife having it , I could check a few more things out. We have the jack in the glove box and there is a black wedge shaped piece in the console where the phone kit goes. Is that a cover over the prewired connector? I hope so....

Id like to get the iphone kit (from MB NV?) that integrates the phone and run a cord to the jack for the music (I think thats how I understood it).
Once I get this iphone/music issue taken care of, I'll get her off my back.

I got the homelink set up with the door opener, but it doesn't seem to have much of a signal. Our Linc and Audi systems worked exactly the same way and worked fine. The MBs unit will open/close the garage door when the vehicle is inside the garage, but not when its in the driveway. Any one else run into this?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM

2007 GL450, 2006 Porsche 911, 2004 VROD
pretty new to posting on forum but lurked for awhile...

I just pulled the trigger on an 07 cdi-- 25K mile, private owner, 1pkg, chrome, reverse camera,hitch, appearance/19"s, sunrf, 3 zone, but no mp3 or bluetooth. Black on macademia and really nice car--drives better than any big suv deserves too....

The hitch recall was done, new michelin diamaris's were installed and maintenence is up to date. Question is what else should I be looking at right now? I know my way around vehicles pretty good and nothing seems out of line but it will take time to get on top of this one.

We take delivery tomorrow... looking forward to participating!

later, Mike
well equipped, how much you paid for this GL?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 AM

2008 GL 320 CDI with P2 package, black and black, all leather, trailer hitch.
Did you program it while the vehicle is inside the garage?

I experienced this problem. It behaved the same way and I programmed it when the vehicle is parked inside the garage. I then took the vehicle out to drive way and re-programmed it and it worked fine. When you re-program it from the drive way, make sure to use the garage door opener when all the glasses are closed down. The signal need to pass thru the wind screen and it has only few places on top where the signal can pass thru (the wind screen is special and will not pass the signal from everywhere).

I got the homelink set up with the door opener, but it doesn't seem to have much of a signal. Our Linc and Audi systems worked exactly the same way and worked fine. The MBs unit will open/close the garage door when the vehicle is inside the garage, but not when its in the driveway. Any one else run into this?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
I think there is an antenna on most garage door openers. Try adjusting it or letting it hang down so you have a stronger signal. I have a gate that has an antenna and my GL almost needs to be pointing towards the antenna in order for the homelink to work reliably. I think it has to do with the "solar" glass on the GL and the opening in the coating that is in front of the rearview mirror. My garage door has a different signal and is less fussy but still requires that I be closer than I have to be with my other cars that have homelink.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:15 AM

07 GL320 CDI
I programmed the homelink in the garage and reprogrammed it outside. I got it to work outside once. I discussed with my wife and she then complained that the Lincoln's homelink had issues with this door also... I think its a combination of the HM signal going through the mercs glass and being properly received by a dying door receiver--the opener is 13-14 yrs old. The lights on the opener no longer work also.. The homelink signal is received fine inside but not outside. Even the door remote struggles. I plan to play with the receiver antenna a bit and limp along-- I think that a new opener is in our future....
Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM

07 GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by lkchris
If car is prewired for phone, you do it according to picture, the bluetooth "puck" being the silver thing on the right that connects same place.
The car appears to be prewired and it looks like I just need to get the iphone cradle assembly.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:46 AM

07 GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
well equipped, how much you paid for this GL?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
there is a black wedge shaped piece in the console where the phone kit goes. Is that a cover over the prewired connector? I hope so....
Yes it is.