GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Weather Tech Mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 R8 V10, 2013 Cayenne GTS, 2014 GLK 250
Weather Tech Mats

Does anyone know of a retailer who may have stock of the WeatherTech Digital fit mats for the GL. WeatherTech messed up my order and is now back ordered.

Thank you.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
Originally Posted by 2thdr
Does anyone know of a retailer who may have stock of the WeatherTech Digital fit mats for the GL. WeatherTech messed up my order and is now back ordered.

Thank you.
Try Dealerfit.com, they are cheaper than buying from Weathertech (in my experience), and they are the same mats (manufactured by Weathertech) only with the MB logo on them.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:58 PM

THanks for the tip, checked them out and they did not carry it. The funny thing is that I have previously come across a MB branded WeatherTech mat, but I cannot find a reference to it now.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 AM

2009 GL450, 06 Triumph Speed Triple, 07 Triumph Speedmaster
Originally Posted by 2thdr
THanks for the tip, checked them out and they did not carry it. The funny thing is that I have previously come across a MB branded WeatherTech mat, but I cannot find a reference to it now.
Dealerfit does have them. They are called "floorliners." I have them and ordered them from them. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 AM

Josey, I may be looking in the wrong area, but I have attached pics of the ones I am looking for versus what I found on DealerFit.

The Digital Fit ones have a flange around the periphery of the floor mats which is intimately adapted to areas surrounding each cabin floor space. Are these the ones you have?

The first three pics are of the digital fit ones I am looking for, while the last one is of the mat I found on DealerFit.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech Mats-wtech-1.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-wtech-2.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-wtech-3.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-a5014.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 AM

15 GL550
Josey92 is correct. You are looking for floor liners. Dealerfit has them. I purchased them and have them in my gl.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Do yours look like the ones pictured in the three pictures from the left, above? Or do they resemble the one on the right.

Thank you.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 AM

15 GL550
The three pictures on the left. Again, they are manufactured by weathertech. The only difference is that they say Mercedes Benz on them. They are OEM. They come out of the same injection molding system. The picture on the right shows the All Weather Floor MATS. You are looking for the LINERS.

BTW, make sure you order the 3rd row if you need it. It is a separate item number. I'm not sure if you had the same problem with your dealer, but I originally requested the liners and they ordered the mats for me. I ended up keeping the mats for use in the summer (have have little kids) and I use the liners in the winter. If you order the third row liner, you will find that it doesn't cover the space between the door and the footwell (same issue with the Weathertech liners). I put my mat over top of the liner in the third row to cover that carped area.

Last edited by 43221B; 02-12-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 AM

07 GL320 CDI
I am looking for these as well. I was just on dealerfit and the floorliners were noted as '4 pcs'-- they appear to be a 2 pc second row and I want the 1 pc second row (like the weather tech). All 3 rows for just over $200 looks good, but please confirm what is supplied-- thx!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
Hold out for the weathertechs. The OEM MB mats are not the same even though they look the same. The OEM are not cut like the weathertechs and are too small for the space they need to go.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 PM

15 GL550
Originally Posted by mandkole
I am looking for these as well. I was just on dealerfit and the floorliners were noted as '4 pcs'-- they appear to be a 2 pc second row and I want the 1 pc second row (like the weather tech). All 3 rows for just over $200 looks good, but please confirm what is supplied-- thx!
I pulled my paperwork. I realized that I purchased the 1st and 2nd row from my dealership and then the third row (when I realized they could be had cheaper) from Dealerfit.com. The item number for the 1st and 2nd row, Q6740009 is the same as what I ordered from the dealership. When you order, in the notes field tell them not to ship if it is not the three piece set. Dealerfit also says that the third row is a two piece set. I ordered it from dealerfit, it is one piece.

I have pictures below. Notice, they are the EXACT pattern as in the Weathertech provided picture. Perhaps the Weathertech fits better, but I'm not quite sure how they could. These are pretty snug. I also would be surprised if Weathertech would re-tool their injection mold machine to make liners for MB that fit worse. The only difference appears to be the logos and they are just a sticker (in both cases) applied in the same spot on both liners. The underside says MacNeil Automotive (aka Weathertech).
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech Mats-img_2516.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img_2517.jpg  
Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 GL550
sorry for what may be an ignorant question, but what is the advantage of the floor liners over the All-Weather Floor mats?

I'm looking on dealerfit now and just wondering what the benefit of the liners is over the mats as I am looking for something to replace my OEM carpet mats with.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2010, 03:02 PM

15 GL550
No, it's not an ignorant question. My dealer didn't know the difference either and that's why I ended up with both. The floor liners have at least a 1" lip all the way around and in some places more. The key attribute is that they hold water. On the outside of the driver and front passenger footwell, they go all the way to the top and meet the plastic that lines the chrome door sill providing complete protection from snow/mud slop. If you live in an area that has snow, I think they are a must have.

The all weather floor mats, are in my opinion, a slightly better looking, thicker mat. I don't believe they are a MacNeil Automotive/Weathertech product. They look more like they are made of thick rubber where as the liners look more like a thin plastic (but still aren't bad looking). The all weather floor mats do not have a lip. Water and slush/salt will run off onto your carpet. Oddly, the all weather floor mats have a section that cover the carpeted area between the third row and the right rear passenger door. The floor liners do not. That is why I throw my all weather mat over my liner in the third row.

I think the all weather mats are good for a GL that gets a lot of rough use in the summer and they protect your carpet from occasionaly wet or muddy shoes. The liners are good because those of us that live in snowy areas know that whatever is under your feet almost never dries out. If I have several stops, I'll have a quarter inch of water setting in my floor liner by the end of the day.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 PM

2009 GL550
Thanks - I noticed from your pics you get a ton of snow and wetness. I dont get that much and more just want to keep dirt and wear on my carpet mats to a minimum, so I ordered the all-weather mats from dealerfit.

Hope they work out and thanks for the info!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 AM

15 GL550
If you don't have a lot of snow, they'll work just fine. I'll be replacing my liners with the all weather mats in a month or so.

Also wanted to mention that the all weather mats don't go over the second or third row hump while the liners do. So for others trying to decide between the two, keep that in mind.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 43221B
I pulled my paperwork. I realized that I purchased the 1st and 2nd row from my dealership and then the third row (when I realized they could be had cheaper) from Dealerfit.com. The item number for the 1st and 2nd row, Q6740009 is the same as what I ordered from the dealership. When you order, in the notes field tell them not to ship if it is not the three piece set. Dealerfit also says that the third row is a two piece set. I ordered it from dealerfit, it is one piece.

I have pictures below. Notice, they are the EXACT pattern as in the Weathertech provided picture. Perhaps the Weathertech fits better, but I'm not quite sure how they could. These are pretty snug. I also would be surprised if Weathertech would re-tool their injection mold machine to make liners for MB that fit worse. The only difference appears to be the logos and they are just a sticker (in both cases) applied in the same spot on both liners. The underside says MacNeil Automotive (aka Weathertech).
I'm also looking for floor liner and just got off with my dealer and the parts guy told me it is 2-piece for the second row but for third row it is a single piece...

Was OP able to order Q6740009 and get a single piece for the 2nd row from MB dealer?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:42 PM

2008 GL 320 CDI Black/Black
I just purchased a set of "Floor Liners" from www.dealerfit.com and the liners are pictured below. As you will see the second row & third row are one piece units. I was very happy to see this for a number of reasons. A single piece should stay in place better - and my 8 year old has somewhere to place his snowy feet!

The quality seems great. The exterior of the box had an OEM MB sticker on it... Plus there is a Mercedes Benz logo on the right and left front liners...

Sorry for the crudeness of the pics - they are from my iphone.
BJ
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech Mats-img_0060.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img_0059.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img_0058.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 08:27 PM

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
2011 Audi A4, 2014 E63S Wagon, 2020 GLS 580
Originally Posted by 43221B

The all weather floor mats, are in my opinion, a slightly better looking, thicker mat. I don't believe they are a MacNeil Automotive/Weathertech product.
I just took delivery on the Mercedes logo all weather mats from my dealer. They came in a Weathertech box that has exactly the same labeling and markings as you get when you order direct from Weathertech. I think the only different is the Mercedes logo and the front mats have two holes to snap into the floor mounts.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 AM

2009 GL550
thank BJ for the pics. I have the weather MATS being delivered as we speak. I'll post similar pics when they come in. I might be exchanging them for the lines (at least 2nd and 3rd rows) if they dont cover the middle as the liners do...
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM

Thanks BJ for clarifying my question.
Meanwhile, I contacted Dealerfit.com and talked to a rep, Michael, he returned to me and said they actually changed the description on their website now.

Ordered a set for mine!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:43 PM

15 GL550
Originally Posted by ksalno
I just took delivery on the Mercedes logo all weather mats from my dealer. They came in a Weathertech box that has exactly the same labeling and markings as you get when you order direct from Weathertech. I think the only different is the Mercedes logo and the front mats have two holes to snap into the floor mounts.
Thanks for the clarification, you're right, I checked out the Weathertech website and they do look just like the weathertech all weather mats. The dealer put them in my GL when I picked it up new so I never saw the boxes they came in. They do have a very different look from the all weather liners though. As I mentioned before, they have more of a rubber appearance as opposed to a high quality plastic look. Both are reasonably good looking.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:20 PM

2009 GL550
got the OEM All-Weather Mats from dealerfit.com in yesterday. As promised here are the pics. They look great!

Sorry for poor pic quality, took pics w/ my phone.
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech Mats-img00209-20100223-2027.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img00210-20100223-2028.jpg  

Last edited by Franman; 02-24-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 PM

15 GL550
I guess this is going to confuse everyone even more. I have pictures of all three rows of the OEM All Weather MATS below that are in my GL. These were ordered and installed in July of 2009 when I took delivery. They are different than the ones you have Franman. Oddly, they are clearly OEM and made in the Czech Republic. After looking at the reverse side, I don't think they are Weathertech. The other odd thing is that they are cut like the design on the Weathertech website. Yours aren't but I don't doubt yours are from Weathertech. So...maybe Mercedes has changed suppliers in the past 7 months and is now using a new design from Weathertech that hasn't even been updated on Weathertech's website?? Dealerfit is a Mercedes Dealership in the St. Louis area so all of their stuff is OEM, so I would assume you have the new design if you ordered from Dealerfit. Clearly, yours are OEM. Anyway, yours look good. I'm not sure why they no longer include the section that covers the entry/exit to the third row but that probably isn't a big deal.
Attached Thumbnails Weather Tech Mats-img_2597.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img_2598.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img_2599.jpg   Weather Tech Mats-img_2600.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 03:23 PM

2009 GL550
interesting - I just checked on dealerfit.com, where I ordered the all-weather mats, and even the pic that they have on their own website looks like the ones you have in your message. So what I ordered doesnt even look like what I got. Perhaps they updated the mats when the 2010 models came out?

They are definitely OEM, came in the Mercedes packaging, etc. Must have been a recent update. I actually favor the new "hexagonal" design...also interesting that the 3rd row passenger side floormat shape was changed.

If you build out a 2010 GL vehicle on www.mbusa.com and go to "Step 4: Accessories" and choose the all weather floor mats under "Vehicle Care and Protection", they show the hexagonal mats that I received delivery on yesterday from dealerfit (MB OEM Pic below). Certainly must be a recent update since you purchased yours in July.

Dealerfit needs to update their website pics.

NOTE: I emailed dealerfit support. We'll see if they update their pic.

Last edited by Franman; 02-24-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 PM

15 GL550
The hexagonal shapes will hold the occassional water a lot better than the old mats did. I also notice there is no dead pedal cover on yours vs the picture from MB. Makes you wonder if there was a last minute design change with all the floor mat/gas pedal entrapment issues of late?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weather Tech Mats