GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Beware iPhone OS 4 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Originally Posted by StevethePilot
I support the Supreme Court's latest 2nd Amendment ruling)
Sure you do. Anyone can support anything. PROVE it. I can say that I support solar power. I don't, but who's to say I don't. You get the point.

Interestingly, Sathinas is still a child who shouldn't be allowed to drive, much less own a gun.
And you say you don't "play" a doctor? Gosh, it sure looks like you're acting like an armchair shrink, right about now. Just because I don't agree with you, your viewpoints or your personality, I shouldn't be allowed to drive or own a firearm? Really now...

He (she?) is probably that person who comes whipping up behind you at 90 in traffic, cutting everyone else of because he (she?) is simply the most important person on the road. (Today, anyway.)
Yup. You got me pegged, Dr. Freud. I'm an important person, hence the reason I bought a 600HP Mercedes instead of a 600HP Continental GT, or any other kind of attention getting car.

Oh, and I'm not a doctor.
Then quit acting like one.

I'm not a "hall monitor" or "censorship monitor,"
And apparently you're also not good at reading comprehension, either.

but I do know that he (she? damnit, I just can't figure it out) is posting outside of the rules of the forum, which I have niether the desire nor capability to enforce.
Neither*.

Posting outside the rules of the forum? Aww, did the widdle man on the internet hurt your widdle feelings and now you run to the "rules"? Grow the hell up. I'm smart enough to easily create another account here if I get banned. It helps when you know the workings of vBulletin (that's the forum software, by the way), as well as all the "hacks" as the add-on software is called. But frankly, I don't think it will come to that, for you see, I'm not initiating anything. You're the one who started with the personal attacks in "our" little conversation, here. If anything else, YOU are breaking the rules. Go re-read them.

It is a shame, because everyone I've met in person from this particular MBWorld forum has been very nice.
It's a shame that you're not bright enough to understand that not everyone is "nice" and kisses up to you. Some people will tell it to you like it is. Online or otherwise. Sure, you might beat them down in real life, but at least they have the ***** to tell you that you're wrong.

Furthermore, you've never met me in real life. For all you know I could be the nicest guy you'd ever meet... oh hell, who am I kidding? I'm considered an arsehole in real life as well, simply because I'll tell it to you like it is.

I had hoped that could continue, but I guess all good things must come to an end.
Things have come to an end? Oh, dear me! Either you're WAY too thin skinned, or you haven't even taken the time to read my reply to you where I told you how you can easily get "rid" of me and not even notice any of my posts. Typical liberal, really. Your type never "listens" to the points of the other guy, you just stick your fingers in your ears and continue spewing out your own "ideas". And yes, I know you are a Lib. It doesn't take a psychologist to figure that out.

We've really given him (her? ugh!) the power by responding. I have to keep remembering that it takes two people to fight.
This is true. And frankly, I don't like doing battle of wits with unarmed people... people like you.

Now, I'm sure you won't take the time to actually read my latest reply to you, and that's fine. You keep those fingers in your ears and loudly yell
"LALALALA". I don't really care. Well, I do a bit, since you seem to have capitulated this little argument.

Have a nice day and remember to recycle... or whatever it is your "kind" does.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
OK, lets play nice in this sandbox. These personal attacks and innuendos will stop NOW. Vacation anyone?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD...eature=related

Funny. Some strong language, but still funny.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Repost. But still funny. Saved a copy of it to my Mac for playback when I don't have tEh Interwebz access.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I thought this thread was about the iPhone4 and the the upgrade? What happened to the useful discussion?

I had some legitimate questions and thoughts as I am in the market for a phone and the iPhone4 was one of my selections. Can we get back on topic and post useful information and/or insight?

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
His 2019 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Her's 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Mine BMW R1200R
lkchris,

I have a 3G and recently upgraded to the OS 4. Thus far I have noticed the following:
1) Bluetooth volume is no longer adjustable via the phone volume button. The radio or steering volume buttons works fine though.

2) The bluetooth volume is actually louder when turned to full volume than before.

3) My in car ring tone is different and sounds really strange. No settings to adjust.

Otherwise the address book voice dialing function works OK. I did have to hard reset the phone twice, and re pair it to the bluetooth after the upload, so give that a try.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by dgiturbo
lkchris,

I have a 3G and recently upgraded to the OS 4. Thus far I have noticed the following:
1) Bluetooth volume is no longer adjustable via the phone volume button. The radio or steering volume buttons works fine though.

2) The bluetooth volume is actually louder when turned to full volume than before.

3) My in car ring tone is different and sounds really strange. No settings to adjust.

Otherwise the address book voice dialing function works OK. I did have to hard reset the phone twice, and re pair it to the bluetooth after the upload, so give that a try.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I've re-paired once to no avail but haven't necessarily rebooted the phone.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
GL 320cdi, Chevrolet Avalanchero, GLE 350 (on order)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jjcxFGEysE
Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 AM
GMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63 AMG PP
THANKS!!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Sure...B6 787 5878 in the CLS. In the R I have the B6 787 5839.
Thank you sir!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:11 PM

2007 GL 450
Hoping for some help

Hi,

I just (finally) bought my first Mercedes yesterday. It's a 2007 GL450 and I'm trying to pair my iPhone (3GS) with COMMAND. I keep hearing about a 'puck' which I assume is some type of device hardwired into the car that contains the Bluetooth capability.

I have a little black plastic 'thing' affixed to the surface of the phone compartment in my console. Would this be the 'puck'? I turn on Bluetooth in the phone and go to the phone menu in COMMAND but can't find any other menu functions to try to make them pair. Nothing ever happens.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need another part?

I also have the iPod integration kit but when I plug my iPhone in I get an error that it's not compatible and the phone goes to airplane mode and won't charge. It will only play from the control on the phone. Is there a mod that can fully integrate the iphone?

Can someone give me some guidance on what I need to do or where I need to look?

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:15 PM

You need to look on MBWorld.org.

I hear if you use the "search" feature there, you'll find what you're looking for.

I also bet that if you read the manual, you'll know what a Bluetooth Puck is.

Sounds like you don't have one though.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 PM

2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by Sathinas
You need to look on MBWorld.org.
Thought that's where I was...

I hear if you use the "search" feature there, you'll find what you're looking for.
Based on your previous posts I somehow expected this reply.

I also bet that if you read the manual, you'll know what a Bluetooth Puck is.
Did that.

Sounds like you don't have one though.
Thanks. I'll keep trying.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:28 AM

'08 SL55
My iPhone 4 works just fine with both my 08 SL55 and my 07 GL450. If you have issues, the best solution is to go into the BT settings on the iPhone and delete the MB connection, then press the little button on the puck and re-sync.

Cheers.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:19 AM

2007 GL 450
Thanks Teeth. I finally found a picture online of that 'thing' in my phone compartment and saw it was just a cover for the connector. Looks like I don't have the BT puck.

I saw the MB had introduced a new interface that would allow for complete integration between iPhone and COMMAND (i.e. - you could completely control the phone and iPod functions from the car) but the GL was not a listed model.

Do you have this one? Does it control all the functions or just the phone? The iPod integration kit in the vehicle is not compatible with my 3GS so I know it won't be with my 4.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by DaMerc
I have a little black plastic 'thing' affixed to the surface of the phone compartment in my console. Would this be the 'puck'?
That's the cover for the connector for the puck.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:38 PM

2005 SL50K, 2007 ML63 AMG
Iphone issue

lkchris,

I had similar problems. and I had a recent firmware upgrade on my command module, The dealership here in harlingen texas was kind enough to replace my BT module
Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 AM

'08 SL55
Originally Posted by DaMerc
Thanks Teeth. I finally found a picture online of that 'thing' in my phone compartment and saw it was just a cover for the connector. Looks like I don't have the BT puck.

I saw the MB had introduced a new interface that would allow for complete integration between iPhone and COMMAND (i.e. - you could completely control the phone and iPod functions from the car) but the GL was not a listed model.

Do you have this one? Does it control all the functions or just the phone? The iPod integration kit in the vehicle is not compatible with my 3GS so I know it won't be with my 4.

Thanks.
I don't have it in the GL. It's my wife's and she's fine with satellite. In my SL, the iPod interface is not available. I tried to get it but apparently they didn't offer it for 2008 models.