Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Beware iPhone OS 4 Upgrade

Here's what my phonebook now looks like thanks to the OS 4 upgrade:

Left-right scrolling not possible.

Last edited by lkchris; 06-30-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Weird, it's probably just me but I'm only getting the red x of death where your picture should be. I saw the most recent upgrade (iPod Touch, not iPhone) and wondered how well the hardware not really designed for multitasking would do once they tried to push it out in an OS upgrade. Which iPhone do you have? (Or did you have, I guess.)
Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Fixed the photo

Mine's 3Gs
Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 PM

His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
Is there a reason you've started this thread twice?

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...4-upgrade.html

And please, don't tell me "well, I posted it in the Audio forum and here so people driving 164's know as well". Believe me, the comand in your 164 isn't special. If it's doing it on yours, chances are other chassis numbers will suffer the same fate with the iPhone 4.0 OS wonder of old technology.

Last edited by Sathinas; 06-30-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Doing it twice afforded the opportunity to get better photo display here.

164s have Alpine radios and German-produced Mercedes have Becker radios, so there could be a difference.

I rather think, too, there's more electronics expertise in the audio forum, i.e. more chance of a solution appearing.

I feel no guilt starting the thread more than once, and even considered the ML and R-class forums, too. Please cool off--you're not impressive as is.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by lkchris
Doing it twice afforded the opportunity to get better photo display here.
Editing your posts is beyond your abilities, I see?

164s have Alpine radios and German-produced Mercedes have Becker radios, so there could be a difference.
Of course. It couldn't just be that your iPhone is crap, could it...?

I rather think, too, there's more electronics expertise in the audio forum, i.e. more chance of a solution appearing.
And that's fine. Then why post it in other sub-forums?

I feel no guilt starting the thread more than once, and even considered the ML and R-class forums, too. Please cool off--you're not impressive as is.
Well hell, why don't you start a post about how the POS Mercedes Comand doesn't work with your new, antiquated iPhone4 in EVERY subforum here, then?

Cool off? Impressive? Probably because I'm not TRYING to impress you or anyone else. Besides, I wouldn't want to try. I could never be as cool as you, what with your craptacular iPhone piece of wondrous old technology.

Now, go suck and egg. Maybe in the meantime, someone will come out with an App that will do that for you.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GL 450
Thumbs up iPhone

Originally Posted by lkchris
Here's what my phonebook now looks like thanks to the OS 4 upgrade:

Left-right scrolling not possible.
I have a 2008 GL 450 with a later Bluetooth adapter than was out in 07 and early 08. With my adapter and the iPhone 4, I do NOT have any phone book, sync or other issues and names display normally. My phone book scrolls left/right. In fact, reception, Bluetooth connection and volume and clarity are all significantly BETTER.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL450, 2011 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Sathinas

Well hell, why don't you start a post about how the POS Mercedes Comand doesn't work with your new, antiquated iPhone4 in EVERY subforum here, then?

Cool off? Impressive? Probably because I'm not TRYING to impress you or anyone else. Besides, I wouldn't want to try. I could never be as cool as you, what with your craptacular iPhone piece of wondrous old technology.

Now, go suck and egg. Maybe in the meantime, someone will come out with an App that will do that for you.

Someone has issues...
Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by FireGuy
I have a 2008 GL 450 with a later Bluetooth adapter than was out in 07 and early 08. With my adapter and the iPhone 4, I do NOT have any phone book, sync or other issues and names display normally. My phone book scrolls left/right. In fact, reception, Bluetooth connection and volume and clarity are all significantly BETTER.
Thanks! Someone finally said the iPhone4 works with COMAND. Correctly.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:59 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
bluetooth adapter part number?

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Thanks! Someone finally said the iPhone4 works with COMAND. Correctly.
Could you please post the part number for the bluetooth adapter you are using?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 AM

2005 G500, 1995 E300D, 1993 500E, 1997 RUF Turbo R
My iPhone 4 works correctly with my 2004 S500 with phone kit/ bluetooth puck. Just a reference point for anyone who is interested.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Originally Posted by FireGuy
Of course an iPhone 4 DOES NOT NEED to be upgraded to OS 4, so this is really not relevant, but it is interesting.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by GMW
Could you please post the part number for the bluetooth adapter you are using?
Sure...B6 787 5878 in the CLS. In the R I have the B6 787 5839.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kate0506
Someone has issues...
Hell, we all have issues of one sort or other.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Lexus GX470

such a retarded
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by cuibap
such a retarded
Perhaps I am. But I can at least type and spell correctly... especially when trying to insult someone. Something, it would seem, that you're incapable of doing.

Open mouth... insert foot... and all that other jive.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:08 PM

2005 Saab 9-3 2.0t
an egg*
Old 07-02-2010, 01:55 PM

2011 GL450; 2008 BMW 650ic
What is the point of all the insults? Don't you all have something better to do?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:14 PM

You haven't heard of the new variation on the "an egg", I take it? The one where you say anD egg...?

I'll explain it to you in PM if you have not. It will clarify what I was implying with "anD egg".

As far as the point to the "insults"? What you may see as an insult, others may see as a way to kill time and rile up people on the Interwebs for the hell of it. This is not to be confused with acting tough on the Internet.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Unfortunately, neither a Mercedes nor senior membership come with any sort of maturity, I'm afraid. On nearly every other thread regarding the GL, this type of sophomoric childishness is avoided. Personally, I prefer to enjoy myself here. I'm sure there's some WOW discussion groups where someone could satisfy their need to kill time and rile people up.

Either way, someone who drives "y0 Mama" and has the tag line "Mercedes Benz Owner's Gun Club, Member #85" can't really be taken seriously. I do note the "AMG" picture - while that's not too hard to come by, in all likelihood any AMG owner behaving like that didn't buy it for its advanced engineering and capabilities but to compensate for some other part of their life that may be ... lacking.

As for iOS 4 (to try and return to the adult world), like any other update, if the equipment's critical, I'd wait and see what shortcomings there may be. I do appreciate Kent being the guinnea pig, but then again I only updated to iOS 4 on my iPod touch. Not a critical piece of equipment for me!

Have a nice day, Stuboat!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by StevethePilot
Unfortunately, neither a Mercedes nor senior membership come with any sort of maturity, I'm afraid. On nearly every other thread regarding the GL, this type of sophomoric childishness is avoided. Personally, I prefer to enjoy myself here. I'm sure there's some WOW discussion groups where someone could satisfy their need to kill time and rile people up.
Of course, you could just ignore me with the built in "ignore" function. If you'd like help with how todo that, let me know. That way, you won't have to read my "sophomoric childishness". I know the truth can hurt, but believe it or not, you'll get over it. I promise you, you'll be fine.

Either way, someone who drives "y0 Mama" and has the tag line "Mercedes Benz Owner's Gun Club, Member #85" can't really be taken seriously.
I used to drive y0 mama, but she got old and rusty. Developed this nasty squeak, so I traded her in for a new model... you know how that goes.

As far as the MBW gown owner's club... what EXACTLY is your problem with it, again? Don't like people who legally own firearms? Fine. I don't like Liberals, but you don't see me putting them down for their choices (at least not online... much, anyway). I especially don't like uppity Snobsdale people with their fake Gucci and Prada purses and sunglasses. Tell me, which designer knockoff purse do you wear? Or, do you wear one of those "European man purses"? I only ask because you're acting like someone who'd wear a purse.

Maybe the other 84 members of the MBW gun club shouldn't be taken seriously either? Never mind, some of them being in Law Enforcement, and others in the Military. And them some of them who have a background in both and just like to be able to defend themselves or even YOU, if the need arises? Do you think Law Enforcement, hard working as they may be, are everywhere you go? Do you think they are responsible for your protection? Yes, you probably do. Little do you know about Supreme Court rulings, me thinks.

I do note the "AMG" picture - while that's not too hard to come by, in all likelihood any AMG owner behaving like that didn't buy it for its advanced engineering and capabilities but to compensate for some other part of their life that may be ... lacking.
Wow... Compensate? That's the best you got? Really? Well ok, Dr. Freud. My weiner is 2" long. I'm 4'9 and weigh 380LBS. I need a powerful car to move my lard **** around.

Maybe you should PM vraa (he's the big cheese here) and request a club for "I have nothing to compensate for" people, such as yourself? That way, you too can be one of the cool kids who's a member of an MBW club.

Not that it's any of your damned business, but I'll entertain your childish point(s).

I bought the car BECAUSE of it's advanced engineering and capabilities. I bought that car because I enjoy driving it. I bought it because it doesn't scream "look at me", like say, a Continental GT, a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, or any other comparable 600+ HP car does. I bought it SPECIFICALLY because it blends in so well. Most people look at it and say "Eh. It's a Mercedes. Big deal". Now, sure, the advanced engineering and capabilities were a small factor, but in the end I bought the car because I COULD and because I enjoy it... and of course, according to you, to compensate for something in my life, I suppose.

Thankfully, I don't have to know every working detail of every damned component on my cars. There are these things called "Dealerships" where you can take your "advanced engineering and capabilities" car and they fix it for you. Just don't take it to Schumacher on Scottsdale Rd and the 101. Those guys are practically morons. Especially one service adviser named Jerry something. But I digress...

Then, if you're like me and you also enjoy working on a car there's EPC.net, where once you give them almost $2,900 per year, will show you all the cool procedures the dealers use. There, you don't need to know how every component works down to it's software code.

Of course, there's this company called Beckman who makes a multiplexer for the car. Do you know what that is, Mr. "I'm so superior to you because I'm not compensating"?

Of course, we also have available to us tuning houses, such as Kleemann (love that place), RennTech, MKB, etc etc who can also make you feel even better about "compensating" for something. Maybe they don't really tune the car, the car just feels faster because they took a ton of your money out of your wallet... weight saving is all the rage nowadays. Who knows.

Tell me... You typed your post on a computer. Did you buy it for it's advanced engineering and capabilities? Do you know how every electron moves through that computer? No? Or, did you buy it because that is what you preferred to spend your money on? Hell, a better question is, did you even buy it?

You drive a Mercedes vehicle. Why didn't you buy a GM? or a FORD? They too have all the advanced engineering (more or less) as your little wanna be off roader does. Why a MB? Could it be because you enjoy driving that SUV? I don't blame you, they do drive relatively nice. I got a loaner from Schumacher once and it was a GL. But if I need people hauling abilities, I have other, bigger vehicles to do it with... as such, I did not buy a GL.

Now, I know that you'll be all sorts of upset at my comments (Yes, I know, you won't admit it, but I irked you enough to post about prior comments). As such, just remember one thing. Some people buy the stuff THEy like, not what the Joneses like. Got it? Good.

As for iOS 4 (to try and return to the adult world),
iPhone? For adults? Bwahahahaha! Sorry, the iPhone is a child's toy.
But I suppose simple minds prefer simple things that just look pretty and work... Who am I to bash said people for their mentality... right? I'll just bash the toys they buy.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Wow Sathinas. I find it amusing that you have time to write such an elaborate response. Let me patronize you, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibap
such a retarded
Perhaps I am. But I can at least type and spell correctly... especially when trying to insult someone. Something, it would seem, that you're incapable of doing.

Open mouth... insert foot... and all that other jive.
Let me point out some grammatical errors:
1) You stated:But I can at least type
The correct answer is: But, at least I can type.
2) You stated:But I digress...
This dependent clause is part of a cause/effect clause. This is not a
complete sentence.
3) You stated:Maybe they don't really tune the car, the car just feels faster because they took a ton of your money out of your wallet... weight saving is all the rage nowadays. Who knows.

This sentence is a run-on. The next sentence is a question, not a sentence. There are 4 ways to fix a run-on: 1) You can insert a semi-colon. 2) You can insert a subordinator. 3) You can put a period in the run-on to separate the two independent clauses. 4) You can change one of the clauses to a fragment, or dependent clause.

4) You stated:Hell, a better question is, did you even buy it?
If you were to remove the phrase in between the commas, your sentence
would look like: Hell did you even buy it? This is wrong so you can't
interrupt the sentence like how you did. A correct sentence with two
commas would be: Sathinas, who has grammatical errors, torments
MB World users. This would be correct because if you were to remove the
phrase in between the commas, it would read: Sathinas torments MB
World users. This sentence makes sense, not: Hell did you even buy it?

5) You stated: There are these things called "Dealerships" where you can take your "advanced engineering and capabilities" car and they fix it for you.

This sentence does not have parallelism. Therefore, there is an error with "they fix it for you." You should have written, "they CAN fix it for you."

As you can see SathinASS, I can go back and forth all day criticizing your lack of grammar. Please don't badger others for improper usage of spelling if your grammar is inherently flawed.

Also, please don't publish your political views on government. This website is for Mercedes Benz enthusiasts, not for political dummies.

Please don't visit this forum again, unless you have something valuable to add.

lkchris, I think you might want to take your GL to the dealer to maybe update the BT software. If you really try hard enough, you might be able to convince them that the unit is covered under warranty and they can give you an updated one. Best of luck! I'm sorry you had to undergo so much criticism from such a petty user. I'm guessing that he is most probably jealous of what you drive or more importantly, your integrity.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by amaycg
Wow Sathinas. I find it amusing that you have time to write such an elaborate response. Let me patronize you, my friend.
Friend? Unlikely.

Let me point out some grammatical errors:
1) You stated:But I can at least type
The correct answer is: But, at least I can type.
2) You stated:But I digress...
This dependent clause is part of a cause/effect clause. This is not a
complete sentence.
3) You stated:Maybe they don't really tune the car, the car just feels faster because they took a ton of your money out of your wallet... weight saving is all the rage nowadays. Who knows.

This sentence is a run-on. The next sentence is a question, not a sentence. There are 4 ways to fix a run-on: 1) You can insert a semi-colon. 2) You can insert a subordinator. 3) You can put a period in the run-on to separate the two independent clauses. 4) You can change one of the clauses to a fragment, or dependent clause.

4) You stated:Hell, a better question is, did you even buy it?
If you were to remove the phrase in between the commas, your sentence
would look like: Hell did you even buy it? This is wrong so you can't
interrupt the sentence like how you did. A correct sentence with two
commas would be: Sathinas, who has grammatical errors, torments
MB World users. This would be correct because if you were to remove the
phrase in between the commas, it would read: Sathinas torments MB
World users. This sentence makes sense, not: Hell did you even buy it?

5) You stated: There are these things called "Dealerships" where you can take your "advanced engineering and capabilities" car and they fix it for you.

This sentence does not have parallelism. Therefore, there is an error with "they fix it for you." You should have written, "they CAN fix it for you."

As you can see SathinASS, I can go back and forth all day criticizing your lack of grammar. Please don't badger others for improper usage of spelling if your grammar is inherently flawed.
You go on with your bad self and criticize all you want. English does happen to be my 2nd language and I've never been to college. But since you seem to have a lot of time on your hands, knock yourself out.

Also, please don't publish your political views on government. This website is for Mercedes Benz enthusiasts, not for political dummies.
I see. So then all the political views on MBW should be scrubbed? Maybe delete ALL threads that have anything to do with politics? Who in hell died and made you the censorship Czar, again? I missed the memo.

Please don't visit this forum again, unless you have something valuable to add.
Censorship Czar AND Hall Monitor? Damn, you got skill! Unfortunately for you, I will visit this forum whenever I please and post whatever I please (within the rules) and you won't be able to do a damned thing about it. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Analyze that, professor.

I'm sorry you had to undergo so much criticism from such a petty user. I'm guessing that he is most probably jealous of what you drive or more importantly, your integrity.
Jealous? Bwahahahaha! Of what, again? Seriously, Professor. What would I be jealous of, again? Of what the guy drives? Really? If I wanted a GL, I'd have bought one. But I didn't want a GL. I wanted something a little... quicker.

For all I care, he could drive a Bugatti Veyron, I'd still give him a hard time about his child's toy phone.

I look forward to your analysis of my writing skills. I'm always up for a good lesson on the subject of writing properly.

Last edited by Sathinas; 07-03-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
15 GL550
Uhhh, so where do you guys think Lebron will end up? Oh, the weather is supposed to be really nice tomorrow!
Old 07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And again, it's too bad this type of junk has to end up here. I kind of had a feeling that certain assumptions would be made about my politics (wrong, plus I support the Supreme Court's latest 2nd Amendment ruling), where I live (been here since the town was "The West's Most Western Town" - and truly a town - and I can't bring myself to leave despite it now being a "Most Liveable City" and nicknamed "Silicone Valley"), and whether I have, want, or care for the iPhone. (Don't.)

Interestingly, Sathinas is still a child who shouldn't be allowed to drive, much less own a gun. He (she?) is probably that person who comes whipping up behind you at 90 in traffic, cutting everyone else of because he (she?) is simply the most important person on the road. (Today, anyway.)

Oh, and I'm not a doctor. Haven't even played one on TV. I'm not a "hall monitor" or "censorship monitor," but I do know that he (she? damnit, I just can't figure it out) is posting outside of the rules of the forum, which I have niether the desire nor capability to enforce.

It is a shame, because everyone I've met in person from this particular MBWorld forum has been very nice. I had hoped that could continue, but I guess all good things must come to an end. We've really given him (her? ugh!) the power by responding. I have to keep remembering that it takes two people to fight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Beware iPhone OS 4 Upgrade