GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

New GL450!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
08 E63 Arctic White/Black
New GL450!

hi, we just got a new GL450 over the weekend. i can't seem to find the answer to this question, but do the GL's come with 3rd row floor carpet mats (i mean, is it included w/ the car)?

really enjoying the truck right now. looking for a cargo liner currently and can't seem to decide on what to get. i don't like how weathertech made it 1 piece and you have to get another liner for the small area if you have the 3rd row seats up. so i'm leaning towards the canvasback i think. any other suggestions out there?

here are some pics - steel gray / black w/ P2, lighting, appearance, parktronic, blind spot assist (which is awesome btw!), illuminated running boards (another awesome item) and crossbars
Attached Thumbnails New GL450!-gl2.jpg   New GL450!-gl1.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
I have never seen a third row carpet mats, didn't come with mine either. I ended up buying the weathertech floor liner which I think are the awesome. Nice looking car, cograts.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Congrats! What a beauty!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great to hear the blind spot assist is useful. I also included that option in our order but was not able to test drive one with the option.

With the black interior, do you really need to cover cargo area?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
08 E63 Arctic White/Black
the factory carpet/felt they use to line the trunk is the last layer of defense to the car itself. i'm not worried so much about staining as i am about spills. one time i bought crab legs and the bag they were in got punctured and leaked in the trunk. if i didn't have a cargo liner, i'd be smelling foul seafood juice (or insert your own description LOL) day in day out for the remainder of the lease

we also have two little ones and sometimes are at the beach and the stroller gets muddy and sandy. we pretty much have to have a cargo liner in every car we own from now on.

i ordered the canvasback yesterday. i'm bummed that it doesn't have a "lip" like other liners, but that's the price you pay if you want flexibility for putting up/down the 3rd row without worrying about replacing/removing the liner. sometimes we plan on having just one 3rd row seat up and the other down, so this is the only liner that can accommodate that configuration.

you will not be disappointed w/ the blind spot assist. it's very functional without being invasive or annoying. it almost works too well. when i drove away i didn't trust it at first. i don't think i will or should ever stop checking my blind spots, but it's nice to know there is something there to stop me if i fail. it is quite a big car after all, much bigger than the cayenne, so it's taking me a little time to get used to driving and parking it.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get the canvaseback liner for the rear you will love it.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:30 AM
fmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL320
congrats on the new GL. mine did not come with carpeted matts for the 3rd row but dealer provided the ruber matts (2 pieces) and I later purchased the weathertech 1 piece. I also have the weathertech cargo liner and think its great. its two pices and fist together quite well. great feature as it allows you to remve the larger piece, whhc is necessary when yu raise the 3rd row seats and still have covereage for the area left behind.