GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Keyless go "lock" button on trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keyless go "lock" button on trunk?

Noticed that all four doors have the black "lock" button to lock/arm the car through keyless go. Is there a "lock" button on the trunk as well? Would be nice to take stuff out of the trunk and lock/arm the car from the trunk instead of going to one of the doors.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
The lock button on the trunk is to the right of the button that closes the trunk. The icon is a lock.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
Just one thing to add - the 'lock' icon button both closes the hatch and locks the doors (and folds the mirrors if that function is 'set' on the multi-function display). That way you don't have to fumble for the key in your pocket or purse while you have an armload of groceries, etc.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL450 P2, Appearance Pkg, Leather. 2012 C250, P1, Sport, AMG Wheels, Panorama Sunroof.
Originally Posted by Fourdiesel
Just one thing to add - the 'lock' icon button both closes the hatch and locks the doors (and folds the mirrors if that function is 'set' on the multi-function display). That way you don't have to fumble for the key in your pocket or purse while you have an armload of groceries, etc.
I tried looking for the menu on the multi function display but I cannot find it. Can you be more specific as to what menu function it is under? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
08 E63 Arctic White/Black
mine has auto folding mirrors. i don't think you have to set it in the multi display center, at least not for the 2011 MY. i believe it just folds in when you lock the doors. i think the folding mirrors are part of the P1 package.

and the lock button on the trunk does lock everything and fold in the mirrors. it pretty much is the same as the door buttons but located on the inside of the trunk. it's a must have for families. oftentimes the last thing out of the car is coming out of the trunk and you can just hit the lock button on the trunk and start walking away.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
Originally Posted by jcbutta
I tried looking for the menu on the multi function display but I cannot find it. Can you be more specific as to what menu function it is under? Thanks.
Sorry but its been a while since I played with that option. As I recall its under a 'settings' type menu. With the 'key' on but with the engine not running (don't put your foot on the brake pedal) just start cycling through all the choices using the up/down arrows. When they repeat select a new 'page' (the left most buttons). You'll find it eventually. Some of the choices have additional tiers, some don't. The choice you are looking for goes something like this: auto fold mirrors yes/no. If you select no, the mirrors will not fold to the side of the car when you lock the doors by any method but you will still be able to fold them in with the button on the driver's door.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fourdiesel
Sorry but its been a while since I played with that option. As I recall its under a 'settings' type menu. With the 'key' on but with the engine not running (don't put your foot on the brake pedal) just start cycling through all the choices using the up/down arrows. When they repeat select a new 'page' (the left most buttons). You'll find it eventually. Some of the choices have additional tiers, some don't. The choice you are looking for goes something like this: auto fold mirrors yes/no. If you select no, the mirrors will not fold to the side of the car when you lock the doors by any method but you will still be able to fold them in with the button on the driver's door.
jcbutta, I would first check to make sure you have power folding mirrors. They might have been removed from the facelift GL.

It's the button in between the left and right mirror buttons.
If you do, the option should be somewhere where Fourdiesel said it was. If you don't have the button, you won't have the option to automatically fold in your mirrors.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:13 AM

2011 GL450 P2, Appearance Pkg, Leather. 2012 C250, P1, Sport, AMG Wheels, Panorama Sunroof.
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
jcbutta, I would first check to make sure you have power folding mirrors. They might have been removed from the facelift GL.

It's the button in between the left and right mirror buttons.
If you do, the option should be somewhere where Fourdiesel said it was. If you don't have the button, you won't have the option to automatically fold in your mirrors.
It was never a question of folding mirrors (I have them and they do fold when i exit the vehicle), it was about locking the carfrom the hatch without having to go to the door handles or use the keyfob. Now I realize what the lock on the hatch is for (duh). I really need to read up on my manual.

Thanks for all of the replies.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jcbutta
It was never a question of folding mirrors (I have them and they do fold when i exit the vehicle), it was about locking the carfrom the hatch without having to go to the door handles or use the keyfob. Now I realize what the lock on the hatch is for (duh). I really need to read up on my manual.

Thanks for all of the replies.
My mistake. I saw others replies to you regarding mirrors and assumed that's what you were asking.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuadBenz
My mistake. I saw others replies to you regarding mirrors and assumed that's what you were asking.
no worries.