Help with Gracenote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 PM

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Rolls Royce Wraith, 1999 CLK Cabriolet, 2023 Genesis G90
Help with Gracenote

Hello, everyone:

Over a week go, I posted this on the W216 AMG section, but received zero responses. Perhaps no one over there had any thoughts on the matter that they felt would help. Since it also involves my GL 550, I've decided to ask the folks in this section for some insight.

I recently got a Diamond White 2010 CL63 to replace my beloved Majestic Black 2008 CL63. I also got a 2011 GL550, which replaced my 2009 GL550. On the CL63, as in the GL, there is the Gracenote feature, which reads the information on the CD and displays the artist's name, track titles, etc., on the Command screen. What's interesting is that on both GL's, this feature works quite well, even wth a less fancy Command unit than the one on the CL, which has the 40 Gb HD. What I find most curious is that, despite turning the Gracenote feature on in the CL, it won't read a single CD's information, while it does so in the GL. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I've had to manually input all the information after transferring my CDs into the car's Music Register. I've also noticed that the CL's command system reads my Nokia's phonebook an displays it on the screen, but, sadly, on the GL, it won't download the list. It will allow for hands-free use via Blutooth, but nothing more. The same was true on the 2009 GL. Is it's command software that different that it doesn't carry over from one model to the next, even when it's the newest? Please help if you can.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 jeep srt8, 07 gl450
I just recently added the bluetooth puck to my 07 gl450 and it download and displays my old iphone 3g (not s ) phone book and recent calls on screen.

that is interesting. different phone with reversed results.