GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Seat Lumbar / Stitch Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 AMG GLE 63S
Seat Lumbar / Stitch Question

We got a new GL this week and I now see a couple items (positive) that I didn't expect based on the feature review sheets.

Our vehicle has the driver adjustable lumbar as it should, but it also has the same 4 way lumbar on the passenger side. Is this standard? Is it part of the P1/P2 packages?

Also, we got the black interior and it has contrast stitching on the seats, doors, and dash. Is this typical for the black only, as I saw a cashmere that did not have any contrast stitching? Thanks.

Last edited by troymir350; 04-02-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, full memory seat is standard on the passenger side with P1 starting in 2011. It's a nice feature if you fold the second row often -- the first row will automatically move forward to ease folding the second row seat. Passenger memory seat makes it easy to set it back.

Yes, contrasting stitching is most visible in black interiors. Nice touch.

Originally Posted by troymir350
We got a new GL this week and I now see a couple items (positive) that I didn't expect based on the feature review sheets.

Our vehicle has the driver adjustable lumbar as it should, but it also has the same 4 way lumbar on the passenger side. Is this standard? Is it part of the P1/P2 packages?

Also, we got the black interior and it has contrast stitching on the seats, doors, and dash. Is this typical for the black only, as I saw a cashmere that did not have any contrast stitching? Thanks.