Just A Couple Of Things

I recently just bought a 2011 GL350 Bluetec with the following:
1) Premium Package 2
2) Parktronic
3) Wood Steering Wheel
4) Blind Spot Assist
5) Trailer Hitch
6) Brushed Aluminum Running Boards

I love the car and it is one of my favorite cars that I have owned. Since I owned the car I was wondering if anyone had installed the following:

1) Rear Heated Seats - As we live in a cold climate in the winter and I would like my children to be warm as possible. If you have installed them could you let me know how much it costed? Or is it even possible to do?

2) Illumination Kit For Brushed Aluminum Running Boards - Has anyone installed it and can it be added to the vehicle?

3) Lighting Package - I have seen a few posts involving installing an HID kit and so on but has anyone installed the LED DRL or the Bi-Xenon headlights?

4) And Lastly - The Rear Entertainment System - I have seen some RSE systems from Vizualogic, but can where can they be installed and how much does it cost? Does anyone know of any alternatives for the RSE and how it can be wired to the COMMAND system so it can be controlled from the front of the car?

And does anyone know if using a magic clean easer on the Being MBTEX would hurt it in anyway. I use it just to clean the seats and it seem to work well.

Please let me know if you have installed any of the following above as I am interested in installing these - and I am not going to purchase another vehicle so just don't tell me to buy another vehicle because it would just double the amount I would like to spend

Thanks
Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Welcome to MBWorld!

1- Not sure. Anything is possible. I'd assume the dealer could swap the seats and do the wiring, but it'd likely be pricey.
2- These can be installed at the dealer, sure.
3- Not sure.
4- We used the Vizualogic setup. The dealer installed it- IIRC, its was about $1800 installed. The screens can watch movies independently or from the same source. Not sure that it can be controlled from up front.

Magic Erasers- I'd be careful. Those chemicals are very, very strong. Could potentially fade the seats over time. If there's a prominent stain, then use it. But for general cleaning soap+warm water works also on MBTex, maybe a little more scrubbing.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 611 Likes on 518 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
1. It would be possible, but expensive.
2. Are you talking under car illumination? Ricer style? No.
My car has the illuminated door sills and they are absolutely useless. I would not have paid a dime for them as they function more as advertisements for MB when I open the door rather than being useful to me.
3. We've replaced our standard H4 bulbs with HID bulbs and adjusted them up a bit. Makes all the difference in the world. The stock bulbs and adjustment made driving the GL at night scary, now it's fine.
4. $400 Ipad + $30 Ipad holder = 1 very entertained 2 yr old. You can control your Ipad using the Remote App.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:34 AM

2014 slk55 amg, 2011 gl350, lambo gallardo, 800hp supercharged viper
For heated seats goto http://heaterseats.com/ I have bought several of their products and have installed them in my porsche and my viper. Theyre really good and start at $90 a piece.

Honestly, if you wanted all these things you should have ordered a car or had them locate you a car that had all the options. Those are alot of options to not have and want them.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM

11 GL350 BT | 11 E350 Estate
BenzBMWAudi, post pics of your new GL and nice staple btw. Also you forgot to add RR to your screen name.

Anyway, to answer your questions, yes you can retrofit all the items that you mentioned. I had the illumination kit and RSE system by Invision installed after I got my GL, but not by dealer.