How to Lock my car from outside while engine running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 GLS 450
Don’t try this

Originally Posted by cmarshack
It CAN be done and it's the same way you can leave your key in the car while surfing, swimming or doing any activity that you don't want your $$$ key in your pocket.

I have only tried this with Keyless Go, but it should work the same with the key in the ignition.

1. Remove the little valet key from the key fob.

2. Open both the Driver's door and the passenger door on the driver's side.

3. Lock the doors using the door lock button on the driver's door panel (this will lock all but the driver's door).

4. Close the driver's door.

5. Reach in through the passenger door and manually lock the driver's door by pushing down on the lock Pin.

6. (make sure you have the valet key in your hand!!!) Close the passenger door.

Now all doors are locked and your key is still in the car (running or not, this is how to store your key in the car while exercising etc.)

To open, insert the valet key into the slot in the drivers door, turn 1/4 to the right, and pull the handle (Fast) 2-3 times (this will unlock and then open the door).

Hope this is helpful!

So this did not work for me. Actually to be fair, it did lock the car while running and I had the key. The problem was I couldn’t get back into the car. I couldn’t use the valet key, I couldn’t use the remote, I could not use the app to unlock because the car was running, and it was disabled. I called MercedesMe and they were unable to remotely unlock it. I basically had to then contact roadside assistance and they were able to send out a technician hours later while I sat on a curb outside Dollar General like a crackhead.