Air Only From Rear Vents?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Air Only From Rear Vents?

I tried to do some searching around the forum and the general internet for this issue but only found things related to a/c not blowing cold (or one side cold, one side hot) or some other odd issues with the air con not responding to controls.

However, my issue is that none of my front air vents work (center and two sides) on my 2003 CLK500 coupe. Everything comes out of the rear vents (and responds to the correct temperature). Oddly, the front defrost works as well. At first I thought the blower might be out, but the amount of air/force that is coming out of the rear is extremely high (leading me to believe 100% of the front air is getting diverted to the rear).

Any suggestions? I've tried fiddling around with the center controller. I can feel a very slight breeze when I turn the center dial to cool (almost like air from outside), but just barely.

As a side note, this happened after I got my windows tinted. Perhaps having the doors open for a long period of time cause some flaps to close and got stuck? Or maybe some of the spray lubricant snuck in somewhere and is making havoc.

Anyway to try to reset the system or diagnose it?
Old 11-13-2014, 09:17 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Try the ACC reset/test: With the engine running, simultaneously press and hold the RECIRC and FRONT DEFOG buttons. Continue holding them down until their indicator lights begin to blink, then release them. The lights should continue to blink for 20-30 seconds then stop, and during that time, all of the duct flaps should articulate. If the lights do not stop blinking, you have a problem with one or more damper servos and you'll need to get the system diagnosed (with SDS) to know which it is.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450 CDI
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Try the ACC reset/test: With the engine running, simultaneously press and hold the RECIRC and FRONT DEFOG buttons. Continue holding them down until their indicator lights begin to blink, then release them. The lights should continue to blink for 20-30 seconds then stop, and during that time, all of the duct flaps should articulate. If the lights do not stop blinking, you have a problem with one or more damper servos and you'll need to get the system diagnosed (with SDS) to know which it is.
Hi, I have a situation I can't seem to figure out. Had to do some work on the rear seat and pulled out the cables that are under the seat, once work completed put everything back and reconnected the cables. All seemed well until the rear blower heater was turned on, on a cold and blisstery day and nothing.............no hot air came thru, just normal air not air-condition cold, just the blower. The rear heater stopped working.
Air-condition works, no problem at all. There are no unhooked cables, I checked that.
Its a x164 Gl, I figure the blower is most likely the same in all cars.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:05 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You should post in that forum - this is the CLK coupe/convertible forum. It has no hear blower.
The following users liked this post:
mbogohse (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450 CDI
Originally Posted by Rudeney
You should post in that forum - this is the CLK coupe/convertible forum. It has no hear blower.
Yes I should, thank you for pointing that out. Seasons Greetings.