GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Looking at a used 2007 GL 450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
Looking at a used 2007 GL 450

Hello I am new here even though II am a Mercedes driver for many years. I am an avid modeler and needed something with more space, really a tahoe or gm product until I saw the 450 test drove it and played around with all the gadgets
And fell in love. The vehicle has 74k miles and is like new and the dealer wants only 18k for it. After reading some of the problems I don't know if I should buy it or not. What do you all think? Does car fax show all the repairs? I drove it for quite some time and everything seems good. What should I look for?
One more question. Did this come with Bluetooth? The listing says Bluetooth and backup cameras . Please let me know your thought
Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 GL450; 2015 C300 Sport
got the VIN?
Old 06-09-2015, 04:38 PM

C230
Vin

No I do not have it, but will go there in a few. I glanced at a car fax report but
Only noticed it had 7 owners, that can mean everything or nothing other than it has been sold to a lot of dealers. I know this dealer purchased it from mercedes.
Here hi Hawaii every vehicle has to be registered under the dealer.

Gotta keep digging
Old 06-09-2015, 09:01 PM

ML320 CDI
Originally Posted by Jeffsweetenburg
Hello I am new here even though II am a Mercedes driver for many years. I am an avid modeler and needed something with more space, really a tahoe or gm product until I saw the 450 test drove it and played around with all the gadgets
And fell in love. The vehicle has 74k miles and is like new and the dealer wants only 18k for it. After reading some of the problems I don't know if I should buy it or not. What do you all think? Does car fax show all the repairs? I drove it for quite some time and everything seems good. What should I look for?
One more question. Did this come with Bluetooth? The listing says Bluetooth and backup cameras . Please let me know your thought
From what I know they all came with Bluetooth but the backup camera is a plus. The GL has had problems with air suspension and not all came with the air ride. So if the one you are looking at does come with it you can enjoy it for now and if anything comes up you can always way your options on taking it out and just putting in normal suspension and not airbags.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:05 AM

C230
Wow on this deal... I went to the dealer today to either buy or not. He gave me the car fax
Which actually looked great front struts and battery. So I agreed to buy it and we did all the paperwork, my seller went to the manager to finish and calls the owner who says he wants to
Hold it for a family member. Now I'm smokin... So he offers me an 08 same color but not the same options no keyless entry,no running boards, and no chrome around the windows.
And 5 k less miles on the 08. Problem the 08 has peeling clear coat on the window frames.
The paint looks really like it has a lot of orange peel in it very faint but just not smooth. 08
Runs great but that paint scares me. I think I will go someplace else that hurt... I keep thinking until Sunday I had no interest in the Gl 450 now I feel as if I have to have one.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
2012 GL 350
The orange peel on these vehicles is the worst I have ever seen. Fords have better paint jobs; Mercedes should be ashamed.