N66/10 Backup camera voltage supply module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL 450
N66/10 Backup camera voltage supply module

Hi,

I cannot locate the voltage supply module in left side of the trunk. I unscrewed the medical kit container and I am looking deep into the open section above the wheel well.

I see multiple cables but not a single box. Do you think it is placed somewhere else in 2012 GL450?

The reason I want to find it is as follows:
My camera does not send any picture to the display unit. It used to work. It is an OEM unit that came with the car. When put in reverse, all I get now is a black picture with the usual lines on it.

After taking the liner off in the trunk lid, I located the camera connection and took some voltage readings. I used red cable as hot and the nearest black as ground. All I got was 0.14 volts. I tried some other combinations as well which did not produce any voltage,

Then, I located fuse 37 and it was ok. I took the fuse out and took measurement and there was 9 volt coming in.

Anyhow, I am thinking there is something wrong with the voltage supply module. If I can find it, then I can at least check the voltage around its connections.

Any ideas on where the voltage supply unit can be located?

Thanks.