GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

GLK350 shut down mid-drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
GLK350 shut down mid-drive

MY GLK350 shut down mid-drive on the interstate middle lane in rush hour traffic. It was very scary. Nice truck driver helped push me off to the emergency lane. Out of nowhere, all lights on dashboard lit up, then steering tensed, brakes shut down and gas pedal dead. Turned car off, back on, same thing. Once moved to emergency lane, sat for about 15 minutes, turned car back on, same scenario. Sat again for another 15 minutes, turned car on, and fine. I was afraid to drive, so MB sent tow truck. I'm still waiting on results of investigation. Very strange with no warning at all. I have my car serviced upon notifications, so i can't imagine the reason for this. Will update once i get results back.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:11 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by AC2018
MY GLK350 shut down mid-drive on the interstate middle lane in rush hour traffic. It was very scary. Nice truck driver helped push me off to the emergency lane. Out of nowhere, all lights on dashboard lit up, then steering tensed, brakes shut down and gas pedal dead. Turned car off, back on, same thing. Once moved to emergency lane, sat for about 15 minutes, turned car back on, same scenario. Sat again for another 15 minutes, turned car on, and fine. I was afraid to drive, so MB sent tow truck. I'm still waiting on results of investigation. Very strange with no warning at all. I have my car serviced upon notifications, so i can't imagine the reason for this. Will update once i get results back.
first you posted to wrong forum. this is the X164 GL forum. anyway, sounds like a fuel issue, either fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or rear SAM is failing.