GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

X164 Evap Temp Sensor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2018 | 12:56 PM

2012 GL450
X164 Evap Temp Sensor

Need some help. These forums helped me change my own rear struts, so thank you for that and also in advance for the help below:

I have a 2012 GL450, Love it. I'm getting a fault code for the temp sensor, and the A/C is intermittent at best. When it works, it works great. There's clearly a short in the wire or the sensor that's faulting it. I'm in the A/C business so not too scared to go try and swap the sensor. Only thing i can't seem to figure out, is where is it!!??. Do I access through removal of the glove box? Is it passenger side or driver side?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!

-Blaine
Old 06-30-2022 | 07:59 AM

GL500 X164 , S350 W221 , S350 W220
Help needed ?

we’re you able to fix the issue ? I have the same problem. AC works Intermittently. Have changed 5 compressors so far. It creates ice on the evaporator and then works after a while. Was it a short or sensor ? I am not getting any fault code

Originally Posted by blaineterry
Need some help. These forums helped me change my own rear struts, so thank you for that and also in advance for the help below:

I have a 2012 GL450, Love it. I'm getting a fault code for the temp sensor, and the A/C is intermittent at best. When it works, it works great. There's clearly a short in the wire or the sensor that's faulting it. I'm in the A/C business so not too scared to go try and swap the sensor. Only thing i can't seem to figure out, is where is it!!??. Do I access through removal of the glove box? Is it passenger side or driver side?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you much!

-Blaine