07 gl450 shifting - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

07 gl450 shifting

 
Old 01-26-2019, 11:45 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'07 x164
07 gl450 shifting

since i got my gl 6 yrs ago I had shifting problems, 1-2 shift head snapping harsh when cold (or slight flare if REALY baby throttle) only on initial start-up,The other ****s are erratic at times and mostley only noticable if you know what to look for, I've overhauled a/t for years but that was 22yrs ago. When I bought it it came with a after market warranty so I took it to the dealer who diagnosed a bad valvebody separator plate and replaced it and apparently had to marry the new part to the car, when I went back later to see how things were progressing I found the tech about to pull out his hair as he couldnt get them to marry so I came back later when they said it was ready and took it home. The next morning I took it out and nothing had changed, same problem. I do know it had that common turbine valve code? and that was gone and no other codes showing . When I told them at the dealer they said I have to drive it for a while for it to adapt, well I have waited 40,000 km and no joy.
Any thoughts?? I'm thinking I might want to sell it in the future and it;s not a good selling point.
Richard Tammi is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 11:56 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 582
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
2010 Mercedes GL450; 2000 Mercedes ML55 AMG; 2016 VW GLI SEL Stick!!!
Originally Posted by Richard Tammi View Post
since i got my gl 6 yrs ago I had shifting problems, 1-2 shift head snapping harsh when cold (or slight flare if REALY baby throttle) only on initial start-up,The other ****s are erratic at times and mostley only noticable if you know what to look for, I've overhauled a/t for years but that was 22yrs ago. When I bought it it came with a after market warranty so I took it to the dealer who diagnosed a bad valvebody separator plate and replaced it and apparently had to marry the new part to the car, when I went back later to see how things were progressing I found the tech about to pull out his hair as he couldnt get them to marry so I came back later when they said it was ready and took it home. The next morning I took it out and nothing had changed, same problem. I do know it had that common turbine valve code? and that was gone and no other codes showing . When I told them at the dealer they said I have to drive it for a while for it to adapt, well I have waited 40,000 km and no joy.
Any thoughts?? I'm thinking I might want to sell it in the future and it;s not a good selling point.
have you tried resetting the trans adaptation procedure? I would say start there.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/reset-m...-instructions/
kombifan is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 04:56 PM
  #3  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'07 x164
shifting

Originally Posted by kombifan View Post

have you tried resetting the trans adaptation procedure? I would say start there.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/reset-m...-instructions/
Do it every once in awhile, Helps a bit.


Richard Tammi is offline  
Old 01-26-2019, 05:14 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 560
Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
2007 GL450
Originally Posted by Richard Tammi View Post
Do it every once in awhile, Helps a bit.
Don't want to be irritating, but: Are you sure you're doing it right? I found, for example, the lateral acceleration learning to be wicked difficult to do correctly. I was wondering if maybe flicking the switch directly on the ECU is better.
eric_in_sd is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 02:07 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
'07 x164
Originally Posted by eric_in_sd View Post
Don't want to be irritating, but: Are you sure you're doing it right? I found, for example, the lateral acceleration learning to be wicked difficult to do correctly. I was wondering if maybe flicking the switch directly on the ECU is better.
Hi, I have a printout of the instructions from MB in my glovebox but I dont recall anything about flicking a switch on the ecu? where is it and how do you do it. I'm willing to try it. Thanks.
Richard Tammi is offline  
Old 01-27-2019, 04:42 PM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 560
Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
2007 GL450
Originally Posted by Richard Tammi View Post
Hi, I have a printout of the instructions from MB in my glovebox but I dont recall anything about flicking a switch on the ecu? where is it and how do you do it. I'm willing to try it. Thanks.
Figurative. I meant like in DAS. I don't know but I suspect it can also be done in the lower systems like MBII.
eric_in_sd is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 gl450 shifting


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: