Front passenger airbag ON/OFF ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-benz GL450CDI AMG Option
Front passenger airbag ON/OFF ??

Hey!

I just bought 2010 MB GL450 CDI and new in MB world. I have maybe littlebit stupid question but does anyone know how i can disable/enable front passenger airbag??? I need to put childseat but just don't know how to shut down airbag.. I've heard that there is some sensor that should disable airbag itself when "not so heavy" person sitting on the seat.
Anyway i've tried to push that seat with my hand when driving but only comes sealtbelt warning light. Passenger airbag ON/OFF light on console remains dead.
Any advice ?

Greetings from Estonia
Old 10-01-2019, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 277 Likes on 243 Posts
'08 GL 320 CDI
There may be information in the manual about manually doing it, but I'm only aware of the automatic detection system. HOWEVER, children - ESPECIALLY those is child seats and rear facing infant seats should never sit in the front. It is MUCH safer for them to sit in the middle row seat.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-benz GL450CDI AMG Option
Well.. i've find out that my car doesn't have this automatic system.. I have manual but in Russian language.. so i read it with translator .. Couldn't find any information from digital manuals also.. -.- Kinda feel like a moron tho Thx for respond.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 277 Likes on 243 Posts
'08 GL 320 CDI
I can't imagine your car doesn't have that system. Unless there's something different about cars made in/for the European market as opposed for the US market? I mean, if you have the "Pass Air Bag OFF" light on your dash, then you should have that function. I looked in my 2008 manual (online via a google search as I don't have the car right now) and there was plenty of talk about that system. But again, I'm looking in a US manual. But, either way, for safety, just put the kiddo in the middle row seat