GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Codes for diagnosis of Locking System Inoperative visit workshop message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2019 | 05:25 PM

x164
Codes for diagnosis of Locking System Inoperative visit workshop message

Evening

Does anyone know of the codes that this message spits out “Locking System Inoperative visit workshop”?

Its come up on my GL420 as of Wednesday an I’m struggling to find much info on line as to what triggers the message!?

My car has the Off Road pack with diff locks. When I start it, the diff lock rotary switch come on as normal with red light, then after about 5 seconds the message flashes up “Locking System Inoperative visit workshop” and the diff lock dial light goes out under auto.

I can still drive it with no weird noises and I can select low range gears too.

I’ve charged the battery fully over night to rule out electrical gremlins, and checked the diff lock fuses, had a look underneath and checked the connectors on the transfer case too.

Any thoughts welcome!!
Old 10-19-2019 | 06:00 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
Subscribe to MB WIS----its all spelled out in understanding the elements of the locking system
Old 10-21-2019 | 08:07 AM

x164
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Subscribe to MB WIS----its all spelled out in understanding the elements of the locking system
Where do you subscribe to it. I went to MB WIS .net and that appears to be down. Do you have a link?