GL350 Doors Repeatedly Locking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL350, B200T
GL350 Doors Repeatedly Locking

Hello All,

I have an issue with my 2012 GL 350. The doors repeatedly lock when the key is close enough to activate the keyless go lock and unlock functions. It is almost as if the lock button is being pressed repeatedly. On two occasions, the windows and sunroof actually opened (as if the unlock button on fob was being held down). This is does not seem to be a key issue as this happens regardless of which key I have in my pocket. It is extremely frustrating. This has been happening for a month now and I can't seem to stop it. The problem ceases if the ignition is on or if the key is far enough away. I searched and could not find a thread on this.

Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited by Jettfuel; 12-13-2019 at 05:44 PM. Reason: submitted without completion of post
Old 12-14-2019, 10:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,941 Likes on 3,103 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
When was the last time the fob batteries were changed? Same question for the vehicle battery.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 599 Likes on 507 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
Machine gun door locks...I know this is an issue in other Mercedes - every e-class will eventually do this- when the small spring inside the locking unit breaks.

is it all four doors or just one?
Old 12-19-2019, 01:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 GL350
Originally Posted by Jettfuel
Hello All,

I have an issue with my 2012 GL 350. The doors repeatedly lock when the key is close enough to activate the keyless go lock and unlock functions. It is almost as if the lock button is being pressed repeatedly. On two occasions, the windows and sunroof actually opened (as if the unlock button on fob was being held down). This is does not seem to be a key issue as this happens regardless of which key I have in my pocket. It is extremely frustrating. This has been happening for a month now and I can't seem to stop it. The problem ceases if the ignition is on or if the key is far enough away. I searched and could not find a thread on this.

Has anyone experienced this?
Yes, this happen to me when the vehicle was about 3-years old. Truck would continually lock itself. Windows would go up and down on their own.

Turned out to be a bad door handle. Eventually had 3 of the 4 replaced over the course of 3-years.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL350, B200T
Hello again and thank you for your replies and suggestions.

BATTERIES
The key fob batteries are new. The vehicle battery seems to be in good standing (strong start up in the Canadian cold weather)

MACHINE GUN LOCKS
I do not experience the machine gun locking issue some have had with other models. It does not seem like a lock actuator issue.

DOOR HANDLES / SENSOR
I believe this may be the problem. As soon as I open the driver door after shutting off the ignition, I get a red warning on the instrument panel ("Close all doors before locking vehicle") The warning goes away immediately the key is still detected inside the truck. The doors attempt locking once I have gotten out and close the door. It makes sense as it seems as though a door handle lock button is being held down. It only happens on the driver side so I'm assuming it is either the driver door handle or the rear driver side passenger door handle.

I will make an appointment with the dealer to have it looked at. I will update once I have it repaired in the hope someone will find the information useful.

Thanks to all of you for your replies. This was my first thread.

Last edited by Jettfuel; 12-25-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added info
The following users liked this post:
chassis (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,941 Likes on 3,103 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Sounds like you are making progress. Keep us updated.