GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Is this amount of oil leak consider bad?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 03:24 PM
mbp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mb
Is this amount of oil leak consider bad?

I've been having issue with oil leak in my 2011 GL350. There're usually about 5 spots appear on a card board overnight (see photo). Only in front of the engine. Just replaced oil filter housing gasket a week ago. The first couple days the droplets seem to be reduced, but back to be same amount after a week. The drops move from near the left front wheel to the center front under the crank case now.

Is there any other spots should I look for the leaks? I've been monitoring oil level almost everyday. The level on the dip stick appears to be in the middle between Max-Min point. It pretty much stay the same level for over a month now. Also, brake and power steering fluid and coolant still stable.

Run out of money to throw in to find leaks and fix now. I'm thinking about trying AT205 stop leak. Not sure if it'd help.

Last edited by mbp; 04-06-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 276 Likes on 242 Posts
'08 GL 320 CDI
There's no picture.

Is the vehicle level?

Have you cleaned the general area on the engine REALLY well? Or at least got in there and looked around to try and find a trail? If not, clean things up and then monitor closely to try and find the starting point.