GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Code 150200 thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 GL320
Code 150200 thoughts

Hello all I have a 2009 GL320 and currently have the check engine light on with a 150200 code.

A little background I just got this truck and the air filters were dirty when this code was set. I have since changed the air filters, but the code persists and I do not have the ability to reset the adaption as is apparently called for when changing the air filters. I do have an icarsoft MBII so I can read and clear the codes, but even if I clear the 150200 code it still says "current" on the icarsoft and will return after a cycle of running the car.

Is it possible this code was set due to dirty air filters and I need to find a way to reset the adaption for the new filters to clear it?

I have tested the voltage between pins 1 & 2 for each of the 2 MAFs as outlined in other posts and the voltage tested okay for each of them.

I've looked through several other thread regarding this code, but it seems like many of them were unresolved or the original poster never followed up with how the issue was resolved so I'm posting here to hopefully hear from someone who has resolved this code or for a list of possible culprits that could be causing it.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 09-09-2021, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 GL320
I think I have resolved this issue and thought I'd post here to hopefully help the next person and perhaps save them some money and headache.

As I stated above both of my MAFs tested fine and were returning reasonable values. I used Xentry to confirm that my 150200 was a "hard code". There is probably a procedure to clear this directly with Xentry, but I'm new so I just used Xentry to reset all the values and adaptions that you need/want to reset when you would replace the MAFs. This allowed me to clear the hard code and thus far it has not returned (I will update if it does). I am not sure why this code was initially set (maybe my dirty air filters?), but the MAF values were within spec. So, if you are dealing with a similar situation I would definitely check the MAF values and if they are within spec just reset everything like you replaced the MAFs and see if that resolves the issue.