Mercedes sun roof confusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 05:18 PM
Let

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 gl320
Mercedes sun roof confusion

I recently opened the sunroof on my 2007 gl 320 while out on a trip to my surprise when I came home and tried to close it the motor worked fine but the roof itself didn't budge. After some of my own research, I found out about the sync feature so I tried the process of removing the fuse and resyncing. This didn't fix the problem so I researched some more the manual shows of a manual override to close the sunroof but to my surprise when I remove the piece of plastic covering the manual sunroof closer there is no hole for me to stick the crank into. Any suggestions?
Old 06-27-2021, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 277 Likes on 243 Posts
'08 GL 320 CDI
Removing a fuse has nothing to do with the sync procedure. Don't trust everthing you see online

Since it's already fully opened, hold the switch in the fully open position for about 10 seconds (you may hear a slight click). Then, hold the switch in the close position and the sunroof should now close if the re-sync procedure works. Continue to hold it in the close postion for another 10 seconds. Repeat if needed. If that doesn't work, back to the drawing board to figure out the problem.

Unless... and it wasn't clear from your post... did the motor TRY to run at all? If so, that's not a sync thing - something is jammed up - possibly something in the track (should be cleaned every so often).