GL450 tailgate wont power open or close

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 10:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
GL550 / AMG GTS
GL450 tailgate wont power open or close

Hi Guys,
I am sure this is answered a million times over, but I cannot find it. I have xentry/das etc... My issue is this, and has no codes.

1. Tailgate will unlatch where I can pull it up with the key fob button or the drivers door button if you are standing there before it relatches. It will NOT unlock or open with the handle.
2. The hydraulic pump does not actuate, at all, up or down. It is brand new, and tested it with power probe to be functional equally.
3. The red lock and close buttons are illuminated and in xentry they reflect when I push either of them. The lock one does lock the doors, etc. There is no pump/noise/nothing from the other close button. Again, the close button is functional because xentry shows it pressed when I press it.
4. There are no codes anywhere in xentry/das
5. The actuations will not make the pump run, and it shows as unnormalized.
6. I replaced the control module because I had an extra that is known good. No change in any of the above results.
7. I can manually open and close the tailgate, it latches, unlocks, etc.
8. The angle sensor reports "47" and does not change with the door position, opened or closed. This is my suspect, but anyone smarter than me, PLEASE help.... haha. I do NOT have an angle sensor fault code, or any other fault code. I did remove the control module to make sure it was really talking to it, and I got codes. Reinstalled, cleared, but no function.

Recap, no running pump ever. Rear gate handle on the outside does NOTHING, and it will open and close manually either by the door button or key fob. Angle sensor value doesn't change.

Please, anyone, enlighten me.

Thanks a ton.