GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Gl450 no start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 gl450
Gl450 no start

Vehicle died on highway now won't start. ​​​​​​​code po335​​​​​​​ so no power to fuse 57, sun roof doesn't function properly and fans kick on high.Both batteries tested good​​​​​​​recent oil changeReplaced plugs​​​​​​​replaced crank position sensor ​​​​​​​replaced 2 cam position sensors​​​​​​​replaced one magnetic cam adjuster.Replaced all the pig tails (double checked all my work and had someone else look over it)Cleaned and inspected front and rear SAM modules.clean and opened up ecuchecked all fuses and relays.Wasn't gettint the best ground signals to sensors (went through and repaired all cracked or damaged wires in engine harness.haven't looked at the central gateway yet Vehicle still won't start.Pretty frustrated as I owned the vehicle for two months and drove it for one week.Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 593 Likes on 499 Posts
2007 GL450
Electrical systems going haywire usually stems from one of two things. The alternator / battery / starter trio is giving the electronics bad supply voltage, or there has been water damage to a key component - you mention the CGW.

On the voltage: I suspect - no evidence - that a failing regulator can lead to spiky voltage, possibly enough to fry electronics. This would not show up in ordinary diagnostics, which usually are looking for brush wear, as in low output voltage.

This is a reason to stay on top of the alternator-battery-starter combo. Starter can drag down the battery; failing battery stresses the alternator; voltage regulator or brushes fail, leading to supply voltage irregularity which causes all manner of chaos.

You mentioned in the other thread that fuse 57 blew. This indicates to me that some electrical fault occurred, frying one or more electronic modules.