GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

USAA discounts - Stacking with factory incentive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
USAA discounts - Stacking with factory incentive?

#1 is it within the rules to apply both USAA discounts PLUS the current non-USAA factory discounts together?

#2 Will dealers agree to this?

Any additional details of how this discounts may or may not be able to be applied together is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Originally Posted by Otis123
#1 is it within the rules to apply both USAA discounts PLUS the current non-USAA factory discounts together?

#2 Will dealers agree to this?

Any additional details of how this discounts may or may not be able to be applied together is appreciated.

Thanks!
When I was negotiating my order - I was hoping to combine fleet discount that I've got from my work ($3,000) with MB Club ( $1,000). My dealer said that according to his computer - these two cannot be combined. This is my experience.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 S580 Prior: 2012 E350 Bluetec, 2013 GL350 Bluetec, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2006 E320 CDI, 1987 260E
Wait what are the current factory discounts? The lease "special" for $699 or 2.49% up to 36months, same as November?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well, if you have USAA then use it !

If you are USAA then go for that - and forget the noise.

USAA is the best national incentive program going on a ongoing basis - and no, you don't have stackables on top of that.

Incentives are based on delivery date - for a in-stock unit now - take the options sheet from that GL and work thru your USAA discount program to get a good estimate of deliverable USAA pricing for that particular GL.

You can always do the final USAA certificate for that particular GL and print from online at the dealer day of pickup, it's that easy.

That said - there may be a 1-2 day lurch here between November/December as Mercedes reaffirms December incentives.

Frankly, depending on your credit tier, check USAA for their competitive finance rate for the term of the note you are looking for as a benchmark - BofA is a good resource for most areas you can check as a 2nd benchmark as well.

Based on the term note you are shopping - actually what sounds like significant difference in interest rate by .5%/.75% make relatively small impact on payment affordability - and at these historically low rate levels total interest paid over the note term is really affordable compared to higher market level rates a couple of years ago.

Yes - MBCAA as a individual discount cannot be stacked in general when taking advantage of a fleet or discount group discount - but MBCAA is stackable on any type of indvidual discount deal.

GL's are very-very short thru Spring - my personal estimate 80% or more of dealers nationwide will sold out before Holiday
Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
If you are USAA then go for that - and forget the noise.

USAA is the best national incentive program going on a ongoing basis - and no, you don't have stackables on top of that.

Incentives are based on delivery date - for a in-stock unit now - take the options sheet from that GL and work thru your USAA discount program to get a good estimate of deliverable USAA pricing for that particular GL.

You can always do the final USAA certificate for that particular GL and print from online at the dealer day of pickup, it's that easy.

That said - there may be a 1-2 day lurch here between November/December as Mercedes reaffirms December incentives.

Frankly, depending on your credit tier, check USAA for their competitive finance rate for the term of the note you are looking for as a benchmark - BofA is a good resource for most areas you can check as a 2nd benchmark as well.

Based on the term note you are shopping - actually what sounds like significant difference in interest rate by .5%/.75% make relatively small impact on payment affordability - and at these historically low rate levels total interest paid over the note term is really affordable compared to higher market level rates a couple of years ago.

Yes - MBCAA as a individual discount cannot be stacked in general when taking advantage of a fleet or discount group discount - but MBCAA is stackable on any type of indvidual discount deal.

GL's are very-very short thru Spring - my personal estimate 80% or more of dealers nationwide will sold out before Holiday
My dealer told me that I would get whatever USAA is offering at the time of delivery AND my MBCUSA discount?!