GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Three Months and Fully Adapted to the GL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2013 | 08:08 AM

2013 GL450
Three Months and Fully Adapted to the GL

So, this is just the fun of it all.

I get into my wife's Audi A4 now and look for a start button, hers uses the key as the button. Now, in what pocket did I put that key.

When I put it in drive or reverse the windshield wipers start going. Forgot about the shifter on the floor. OH yeh.

I stop at a long light, give a second press on the brake and then I almost roll into the car in front of us. Whoops.

Yes, habits develop quickly.
Old 03-23-2013 | 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
I had situation where I went away during the summer for vacation and while away I was driving a peugeot 206 with stick shift, when I got back home I totally forgot that the GL was auto so I pressed the brake thinking it was the clutch and I could have sworn the way I pressed the brake the car probably did a 10 inch squat to a dead stop at around 50 km an hour
Old 03-23-2013 | 03:19 PM

2013 GL450
Originally Posted by Steve Maislin
So, this is just the fun of it all.

I get into my wife's Audi A4 now and look for a start button, hers uses the key as the button. Now, in what pocket did I put that key.

When I put it in drive or reverse the windshield wipers start going. Forgot about the shifter on the floor. OH yeh.

I stop at a long light, give a second press on the brake and then I almost roll into the car in front of us. Whoops.

Yes, habits develop quickly.
Funny. My wife drives an A4 too. She got her new one about a month before I got my GL. I loved driving the A4 until the day my car arrived. Now I do the same things as you in her car. I feel bad too because we didn't get keyless entry/ignition on hers and she probably could use it even more with all the stuff she carries with the two kids, groceries, etc.