GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

New GL350 week 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013 | 01:06 PM

None
New GL350 week 2

Complaints:

Tranny does some random up an down shifting first drive each day as I take off. I think it's bouncing between 1 and 2. Pretty annoying concerning and probably one of those things I take into the dealer then they tell me "didn't do that for us...." Which then becomes a massively annoying waste of time and I will still be stuck with the glitch....

Drivers side window screeches loudly when opening or closing the window.

Praise:

Harmon Kardon - took a 30 minute solo drive and had the opportunity to play some good tunes at good volume. Jimmy Page with Black Crowes live album "Out on the Tiles" sounded Fantastic! Very pleased with the system. Great at volume and the sub woofer was performing nicely. Interesting to tooggle between Logic7 on and off. For live recordings On was my pref. For good studio mixes Off was better in my opinion.

Adaptive Suspension - Sport / Comfort: Love it. In sport it had a feel a bit like my X5. I switch it to Comfort once I am cruising for the S Class experience.

Active Lane Assist gently nudged me back into my lane when I drifted over a solid white line. Now a father of an infant and toddler - I appreciate the help to drive more safely.

Distronic Plus - I've had Active Cruise on my last 2 BMWs and will never get another car without it. The MB system works great - very solid.