GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Hood rattle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Originally Posted by sbkim
Not much at all.

1. easy entry
2. park assist
3. dark headliner
4. washer warmer

Looking back Designo would have been a very nice to have but just couldn't justify $4k... The car is great so far (100 miles). Only complaint (if you can even call it that) are:

- owners manual is a bit difficult to follow. Or I need to take up reading comp and need more time to carefully read
- small squeak in the headrest (2nd row) when it's up
Have you received any comments from your passengers about the headrests in the second row when fully extended? Unlike models without EASY-ENTRY, the headrests do not swivel back but stick out to clear the seat when the button is pressed. My son and I tested them in a 550 we recently test drove and he said they were comfortable. My 550 is yet to be built but will include EASY-ACCESS.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Various
Originally Posted by JoeMa
Have you received any comments from your passengers about the headrests in the second row when fully extended? Unlike models without EASY-ENTRY, the headrests do not swivel back but stick out to clear the seat when the button is pressed. My son and I tested them in a 550 we recently test drove and he said they were comfortable. My 550 is yet to be built but will include EASY-ACCESS.
Hi JoeMa - sorry haven't really had to use this feature too much (yet) but it seems like all of my headrest in the the 2nd row seems to be going up high enough to clear car seat etc.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
I might suggest you download the pdf Owners manual and COMAND manual from mbusa.com Owners Support area.

I would also suggest you register on Owners Online - also in the Owners Support section - that way with any announcements. service updates, etc - Mercedes can email you directly and you don't have to wait for snail mail
Good advice..... have done both! But, yes...the owners manual ( physical or online ) is illogical in its order of presentation and confusingly repetitious at times. Sometimes the manual is outright ambiguous... such as with the "climate mode settings" pg. 148 : talks about setting the mode to "focus" "medium" or "diffuse"..... but is not clear as to what excatly that is or how that's any different than adjusting the fan speed using the fan button. Another example used on how to read the Distronic red light indicators when they show up on the speedometer..........very confusing as to which red bar means the speed of your car and which red bar is referring to the vehicle in front. Sometimes, I think these issues arise because of the translation process..... the Japanese car manuals can have some of the same issues.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 PM

Various
I couldn't agree more belittle! Case in point. I couldn't find anything on the "p" shown in the center top display - next to time and temp. I believe this display warns of distance between cars. Also wish the PDF version of the manual had an index. I know pretty trivial complaint
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
I couldn't agree more belittle! Case in point. I couldn't find anything on the "p" shown in the center top display - next to time and temp. I believe this display warns of distance between cars. Also wish the PDF version of the manual had an index. I know pretty trivial complaint
AHHHHHH....the benefits of this forum! Our collective knowledge does help..... the P you see if indicating that the "parking asst. program" is active and ready for use..... as your speed increases. ( assuming you are talking about a blue "P"?)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 AM

Various
Thank you Blittle. Yep, the blue P. I noticed that it turns on automatically when the car is traveling below 20 mph or so.

I have another one. On the multifunction display, I often see the car on road symbol and it turns green intermittently. Is this lane change indicator? I can't figure out why it would turn green when it does.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by blittle
AHHHHHH....the benefits of this forum! Our collective knowledge does help..... the P you see if indicating that the "parking asst. program" is active and ready for use..... as your speed increases. ( assuming you are talking about a blue "P"?)
I have the blue P but don't know what it does when you don't have the parking assist package. Any ideas?

I have another one. On the multifunction display, I often see the car on road symbol and it turns green intermittently. Is this lane change indicator? I can't figure out why it would turn green when it does.
I can answer this one. It's the active lane keeping assist. When white it means it can't find the center and right side lines on the road to activate the lane keeping. When green it has found the lines and lane keeping assist is active.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JimBarnhart
I have the blue P but don't know what it does when you don't have the parking assist package. Any ideas?

I can answer this one. It's the active lane keeping assist. When white it means it can't find the center and right side lines on the road to activate the lane keeping. When green it has found the lines and lane keeping assist is active.
Yes.... it also indicates that "Parktronic" is active, which you DO have.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM

Various
You guys are amazing Thank you. I think I finally found the coffee cup symbol and what it means. LOL
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by blittle
Yes.... it also indicates that "Parktronic" is active, which you DO have.
Thanks, that makes sense!