GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

USAA, preferred dealer not listed on their site

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL350 ordered
USAA, preferred dealer not listed on their site

Do all dealers honor USAA incentives? My preferred dealer, Pleasanton, CA, is not listed on the USAA site. I can tell it only lists a Walnut Creek dealer even if I try different zip codes in Pleasanton. I called USAA and they said my certificate would print out with the Walnut Creek dealer info and Pleasanton may or may not honor it, up to them. I thought it was a national program from MB.

I already negotiated a deal for a '14 GL350 with Pleasanton so I guess I just bring in that usaa certificate (or would my usaa card be good enough?) when I go to pay them and hope for the best they honor the incentive, what ever that may be next October. I'm not sure of the appropriate time to bring this up with my sales guy, now or when I'm dealing with the F&I guy to pay.

Last edited by vertrkr; 04-25-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 PM

2012 GL550, 2012 E550
Bring it up as soon as numbers are discussed. I'd bring it up before that if ur not sure if they will honor it. Not sure why they wouldn't as its just a check that gets cut to the dealer. It a great program. I've used three times for the MB's I've purchased.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by vertrkr
Do all dealers honor USAA incentives? My preferred dealer, Pleasanton, CA, is not listed on the USAA site. I can tell it only lists a Walnut Creek dealer even if I try different zip codes in Pleasanton. I called USAA and they said my certificate would print out with the Walnut Creek dealer info and Pleasanton may or may not honor it, up to them. I thought it was a national program from MB.

I already negotiated a deal for a '14 GL350 with Pleasanton so I guess I just bring in that usaa certificate (or would my usaa card be good enough?) when I go to pay them and hope for the best they honor the incentive, what ever that may be next October. I'm not sure of the appropriate time to bring this up with my sales guy, now or when I'm dealing with the F&I guy to pay.

Yes.... all dealers will honor the USAA certificate. Once you have the best negotiated.... then let them know about the USAA certificate.... If you are a USAA member you can print out the actual paperwork that is required by the dealer......it will have a control # etc. and will NOT have any dealer specific info on it. The discount money comes directly from MB to the dealer..... not USAA. My dealer was not a "USAA preferred" or whatever... but they had the latest info sheets on the USAA discounts. They showed them to me!! Somewhere on the USAA website is a link to print out the actual USAA discount paperwork that you submit to the dealer.... I forget exactly where...... but it includes spaces for you to sign and the dealer. Should not be a problem. The original inquiry stuff that you have to go through DOES printout with the "preferred dealers" info BUT>>> the actual control # sheet and paperwork does not.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Please understand best NOT to print out your USAA certificate until ready for actual delivery - you can pull/print at the dealership.

All MB dealers have access to current/effective USAA program thru NetStar - but unless they are a "preferred dealer" it is the dealers option to accept (or better) the USAA deal.

I would say for a in-stock or ordered unti "most" dealers will choose to honor the USAA deal - if they don't another competitive USAA dealer will.

No mysteries mate.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 PM

2014 GL350 ordered
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
All MB dealers have access to current/effective USAA program thru NetStar - but unless they are a "preferred dealer" it is the dealers option to accept (or better) the USAA deal.
I would say for a in-stock or ordered unti "most" dealers will choose to honor the USAA deal - if they don't another competitive USAA dealer will.
Crap, I'm guessing they'll tell me to pound sand as they are not a 'preferred dealer' and I already got a sweet deal much better than I could get with USAA. I'm happy with that, was just hoping I could get both and be ecstatic. October has never seemed so far away.

Last edited by vertrkr; 04-25-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you are talking October delivery - then that's a bit strange, I would expect you are talking October for the 2014 GL350... either way order bank for 2014 October delivery for any GL is not open yet - just so you know - so what is discussed "now" - won't really be confirmed from the dealer side until the order goes into the computer and is confirmed.

If it is October delivery - your USAA "deal" is based on delivery date - so you won't know what that is until Oct 1-2.

No, you can"t "add" USAA "on top" of anything else - in October either what you think your deal is or the USAA deal - whichever works best to your advantage.

Keep the beat !
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Please understand best NOT to print out your USAA certificate until ready for actual delivery - you can pull/print at the dealership.

No mysteries mate.
Exactly!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM

2014 GL350 ordered
Thanks Fab and all, indeed I put a deposit down to be 1st on their list to order a '14 GL350 Designo.

Last edited by vertrkr; 04-25-2013 at 11:04 PM.