GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Instrument button backlighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
08 E63 Arctic White/Black
Instrument button backlighting

i've noticed the times i've driven around dusk that the headlights come on as they should but the buttons on the inside of the cabin don't light up for at least 1/2 hour after that. it gets fairly dark in the cabin during that time (esp with all black interior and headliner), so it would be nice if the buttons actually lit up when the headlights are on too.

i turned the dial to the left of the steering wheel as far as it will go. does anyone know if there is a way to get the buttons to light up on the inside a little sooner (or coincide with the headlights turning on)?
Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MBs
i had the same question- seems like the system realizes its dark enough for headlights but not dark enough for cabin lights and they turn on later-- not sure how to set it to turn on sooner
Old 06-10-2013, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 GL450 (traded for 2015 Escalade), 2012 Corvette, 2014 Ford Fusion, Previous: 2007 GL450, 2011
Originally Posted by sraza
i had the same question- seems like the system realizes its dark enough for headlights but not dark enough for cabin lights and they turn on later-- not sure how to set it to turn on sooner
You can adjust the brightness of the dash lights but not the "on/off" points....that is a function of the pre-programed settings established for the sensors. One thing you CAN do....when you are at the dealer for service, mention the issue and they can check the settings to make sure they are operating as programmed, however, Im fairly sure they cannot CHANGE those settings. One thing I have noticed..... If you leave the roof shade in the open position, more light is admitted to the cabin DELAYING the turning on of the instrument lights.