GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Poll on flipping 2nd row seat and passenger seat not moving as far as it should

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 GL 350 Bluetec
Poll on flipping 2nd row seat and passenger seat not moving as far as it should

I was wondering if someone could do a test for me with their seats. When I flip my 2nd row seats forward either the ez seat push button or manually, both of my first row seats automatically move forward like they are supposed to. My problem is the passenger side front row seat never moves up far enough for 2nd row to flip completely. It gets hung up and I have to manually push it down to fit. When I do a side by side test, the driver seat automatically goes forward more than the passenger's side when these 2nd row flips up.

I took my car in to the dealer for them to fix this and he said it was getting hung up on my aftermarket seat covers. I explained that I know they do but it did this before I put the canvasback covers on. So then he said the passenger seat does not automatically go forward as far as the drivers side. To me this sounded like he was making it up. Wouldn't you think both would move up the same distance?

So I told him that I had a loaner GL a month or so ago and when I flipped the seat forward on the 2nd row behind passengers it flipped over no problem without knocking into the passenger seat. So this one clearly worked like it should. He said he would look into it.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. Just would love to know if anyone else has this problem or if your 2nd row flips and does not get caught on the passenger side 1st row. Many thanks!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:09 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
I haven't noticed a big difference in how far my seats move up (especially since I have car seats in place).. but I will tell you that when I do use them... they can easily get hung up when stuff is placed in the mesh part of the front seats (headphones and the like).

truthfully, I find the difficultness of pulling the headrests back up after flipping the seats back to normal.. and that the front seats do not automatically go back to the previous position more annoying.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL450
Mine seems to work fine. I have the manual release one.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 GL350BT
Don't use mine often but it seems to work each time I do. I have the power release one.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 GL 350 Bluetec
Thanks guys! I think mine has a slow motor or something. Will need to take back in.